Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Narrowed my choice of sliders down to these two. Could not find any specs on how far out they protrude. Would be great if anyone with either of these sliders could post up measurements for comparison. :thumbup: Thanks.
Edit..Guess I should specify the engine ones

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Yeah the Rizomas are my first choice. In fact I really like the cup edition sliders but my 13 year old says the regular ones are 'cooler'. Not only that the cup edition are $$$$$
13 years old, what live experience is that?? he/she will learn that dad knows best :thumbup:

I would get the rizoma's but then again i'm a big rizoma fan.
(just spent about $400,00 on rizoma-shit)

I have to stop looking at that website, it's costing me more then i can afford. Now i want those sliders and that gold/black rearset. The crankcase cover looks sexy aswell :(

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
At 13 he can outride me (he's been riding since he was 3) and as far as his tastes go - he steered me towards the StreetTriple. What he lacks in life experience he makes up for in good taste!! :laugh:

·
Registered
832 Posts
Thanks for the link....that is a great price. The Rizoma's are a little more but the deciding factor will be how much they protrude from the frame as I want as much protection as possible.
Longer sliders don't necessarily translate into more protection. Some folks will argue that longer sliders result in more leverage for a bike to flip if it hits or curb or something, causing more damage than protection. Other folks will argue that frame sliders cause more damage than protection if they get torn out of the engine mounts in a crash. And finally other folks will swear frame sliders have saved their bikes from hundreds of dollars in repairs. There are several schools of thought in what is the best protection for your bike. In the end, it's your call. Between the GSGs and Rizomas, I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good point on length .... longer isn't always better. :whistle:
I'm mainly interested in the low speed / parking lot dump, I tend to be vertically challenged so this is my concern....if it's a high speed crash I'd be more worried about myself than the bike!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I went the GSG route just for the closeout price didnt have any frame sliders at all last year and had no problems but better safe then sorry, i love the rizoma's but the $145 with shipping for the GSG's to canada is amazing id say for the price gsg's

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I went the GSG route just for the closeout price didnt have any frame sliders at all last year and had no problems but better safe then sorry, i love the rizoma's but the $145 with shipping for the GSG's to canada is amazing id say for the price gsg's
Looks like the Rizoma's will be around a $100 more.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thats a fair bit for frame sliders but the Rizoma's have a cleaner look, but the GSG are second best and dont require painting as you wouldnt want to leave the Rizomas in the chrome color throws the bike off as everything in that area is black

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thats a fair bit for frame sliders but the Rizoma's have a cleaner look, but the GSG are second best and dont require painting as you wouldnt want to leave the Rizomas in the chrome color throws the bike off as everything in that area is black
The standard set comes black, the cup edition are silver and would be $160 more than the GSG

·
Registered
832 Posts
If you decide to go with any Rizoma parts, just go directly to their sole USA distributor - PJ's Parts! They do business a little bit differently than other online merchants... and I'm pretty you're going to like it too! :thumbup: Anyone else on here that dealt with PJ and Paige (both are members on here) will agree that they are good folks that will take care of you.

PJ's Parts - Accessories For Every Bike And Rider

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the Rizomas (non cup edition). They blend in so well that I forget I have them. The slider puck replacements are about $12 and that equates to an easy repair for a low slide or drop. I just ordered 2 pucks for when it happens :nod:

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you decide to go with any Rizoma parts, just go directly to their sole USA distributor - PJ's Parts! They do business a little bit differently than other online merchants... and I'm pretty you're going to like it too! :thumbup: Anyone else on here that dealt with PJ and Paige (both are members on here) will agree that they are good folks that will take care of you.

PJ's Parts - Accessories For Every Bike And Rider
Thank you sir! We do try..:cool2:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.