Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The installation seems to be pretty straight forward but the forward bolts (closest to the radiator) are resisting my advances. It looks like I'm going to have to fish a wrench back there to hold a nut so I can back the bolt out but I'm not sure if I'm going to have enough room without removing the radiator, and knowing the size of the nut on the back wouldn't hurt either. If anyone has had any experience in these matters I would appreciate any help you could provide. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Just loosen the upper bolts on the radiator, loosen the radiator cowl and rotate the radiator forwards a bit (I can't remember if there are bottom radiator bolts to remove). I used a crow's foot in there, but you may also be able to use a socket with a wobble extension. GL

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Yup 14mm socket + 2 6"+ extensions + wrench to hold the nut in place. grab that with your right hand from over the tank. Then use your torque wrench + hex to tighten/loosen the bolt. It gets easier once you do a few times. :)

The other side (R) you can do with just using a wrench to hold the nut

·
Registered
20 Posts
I installed mine the other day and didn't have to remove the top bolt from the radiator. I was able to fit my Craftsmen 14mm wrench by placing it through the headers and maneuvered it into place. What kind of torque wrench did you guys use for a hex key? Or did you use the torque wrench for the nut side?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nice missed the mail-dude dropping off my GSG sliders so im going to the post office to pick them up 2morow, got a husky 3-10mm hex head set for my torque wrench from installing the bar end mirrors and belly pan, do the instructions give you the torque settings in nm or ft.lbs how long did it take you 10 min? after doing that competiton werekes t.k.e. it was a major pain in the ass just seeing what im looking forward to wit hthe GSG's:whistle:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts