Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Triumph lovers. I purchased a 2011 black triple R in August of this year, presently I have 2500 miles on the gem. It's in my kitchen for the winter until all the snow melts. :-(
I have an 07 GS1200 with all the farkles too. Prefect 9 month bike for these parts. But the fun factor is only 7 when compared to the Triples 10 wow factor. I just bought a Sargent seat for 20% off, check their website. $353 delivered in plain black. It looks so much better, although I haven't ridden on it yet.
Have a happy safe riding year comrades!

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Where is western NY? Like Buffalo/Rochester?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ahhh..good to see someone else in the area on here. There aren't many of us in WNY.

In the southtowns of Buffalo at all? I'm in Hamburg...the few others here were all from the northtowns areas.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Where is western NY? Like Buffalo/Rochester?
i believe Rochester is more northern NY than western. Buffalo is more towards the lakes regions. gets all of that awesome Canadian cold weather and snow...

it is funny that when i say i grew up in NY i get asked if i was in NYC. it is as if people do not realize how big NY is and the other cities that exist inside of it (such as Buffalo).

welcome to the site and i hope you enjoy the two months you get to ride. :whistle: j/k. i hope it is more.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
i believe Rochester is more northern NY than western. Buffalo is more towards the lakes regions. gets all of that awesome Canadian cold weather and snow....
I was trying to prompt a more specific location. Guess not, as he's not been back; 1 post.

it is funny that when i say i grew up in NY i get asked if i was in NYC. it is as if people do not realize how big NY is and the other cities that exist inside of it (such as Buffalo).
Same here. When people ask where we go on vacation, they too, automatically assume the city. I wouldn't waste my time on the city.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I bought my Sargent seat this year and love it. It's a bit firmer than the OEM piece, but it's wider and, to me, much more comfortable. Plus it looks better.

How's riding out in Rochester/Buffalo area? Been looking at some maps and would like to plan a trip out that way maybe sometime this year. Any good routes you can suggest?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Well the OP is gone, but to answer Talus:

Riding is good in the southern tier (below Rochester/Buffalo). I've always wanted to do a 2 day tour around all the finger lakes for the scenery. I ride a lot down toward Ellicotville and along Lake erie. The lake erie route isnt technical, but just a nice scenic route.

The mountains south are awesome for tearing it up though. Pennsylvania also has some good riding from what I've heard

disclamer: I've only been riding in WNY/Central NY/NE PA, so I can't compare it to anything like the dragon etc...

--

Oh and just for clarification: Buffalo is Western NY, Rochester is between Buffalo and Syracuse (which is Central NY). All 3 are at the same basic latitude. All 3 of us are unfortunate and get lake effect snow (Buffalo from Erie, Roch and 'cuse from Ontario)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts