Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st of all would like to say hello to fellow forum members. I'm from Malaysia & i've been riding for about 2 years now, my current bike is a Yamaha TZM 150 which is a Thailand made, TZR-based, 150cc 2-stroke little sportsbike, comes with basic brakes, basic suspension, 35hp & loads of fun. But now i'm thinking of upgrading to a bigger bike, but since i'm not able to test ride any bikes i'm eyeing here, i just really can't decide what to get. Especially when bikes here cost alot eg. 2008 Daytona 675 sells for RM75,000 here which is about US$24,600, i can't afford to get a bike then found out that i don't like it.

I'm looking for a fast bike but with good torque & mid-range for street riding, sharp handling & good ergos. I initially consider getting either a ZX-6R or a GSX-R600, but then the Daytona 675 caught my eye, rather my ears, that flat 6 like grunt at lower revs & that V12 like howl on top captivated me. Then i did a little research on the D675, the linear power delivery & the flood of torque from dyno charts is really impressive. I really believe this bike meets & even exceeds (god the noise :drool5:) what i wanted for my next bike.

But question is what is it like to own a Daytona 675? How practical is it as a street bike? How comfortable is it compared to other 600s? Is it reliable & easy to maintain?

·
Registered
752 Posts
What's your definition of practical? In all honesty every 600 and 1000cc sport bike is highly impractical for street use. They are simply too damn powerful and too damn fast. It's like owning a Ferrari that you only use for rush hour traffic. On the other hand, Why not???

Oh, and the Daytona is slightly less comfortable than the similar Japanese bikes. Hope this helps.:laugh:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's your definition of practical? In all honesty every 600 and 1000cc sport bike is highly impractical for street use. They are simply too damn powerful and too damn fast. It's like owning a Ferrari that you only use for rush hour traffic. On the other hand, Why not???

Oh, and the Daytona is slightly less comfortable than the similar Japanese bikes. Hope this helps.:laugh:
I'm not looking for a 'practical' bike :laugh: , perhaps i should say a bike suited for street riding. So, its less comfortable than a Jap bike? Is it the hard suspension or the high seat with low bars?

·
Registered
601 Posts
For what you say you want to do with it, have a good look at the Street Triple 675.

It isn't as fast, in top speed, as the Daytona, but you have a better chance of being comfortable on it than the Daytona.

After I got my Street Triple, I got rid of my RZ250 Yamaha.

OK, it isn't a sports bike, more a hooligan's bike, but it's great fun.

regards,CrazyCam

·
Registered
165 Posts
+1 to what Cam said. The Street Triple certainly seems to fit your needs more... and should be cheaper.

It is ludicrous that it costs that much in MY. In Aus you could get a good Ducati sportsbike for that much... and Australian prices are by no means the best in the world, far from it.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
My first bike having been an Aprilia RS 125, I kinda see where you're coming from ;)

And my advice is... Get a Daytona, you won't be disappointed, I guarantee it ;) Fact is it is superior in nearly every department to any bike I ever had, or even rode.

The comfort gets far better with a gel seat and adjusting the angle of the clip-ons, not to mention a Corsa bubble.

The high seat can feel awkward at first, but you'll get used to it, especially with the big boots you should be wearing when riding such a weapon.

The engine is simply awesome, allowing to tour or commute when you need it, and blast pretty much anything when you want. A buddy of mine once said it howled like a Lamborghini when I was getting past him, lol.

The chassis is great, yes, the suspension is hard, but there are remedies, and you can live with it anyway, it's well ajdustable, too.

Just remember to keep a regulator/rectifier handy, if you don't get one of the latest models, that is the main problem, and it's about 100 $ to repair,and they usually do it for free under warranty.

And just to tease you...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvSaGKP9UZ8"]YouTube - 2007 Triumph Daytona 675 + Akrapovic slip-on[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mOlxMJ_zOw"]YouTube - 2007 Triumph 675 Daytona + Akrapovic Dynojet run[/nomedia]

I'd love to see a Daytona on Sepang or Shah Alam ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts