Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help !!
So i bought some Goodridge Carboline brake lines for the STR.
The back is all ok and i'm happy with that, the front i'm not..
So in the box was 3 lines , one for back, and two for front..

U dont have the calliper to calliper hose anymore, but run them both from master cylinder to callipers.. Better for braking !!

But the hoses i have are not long enough, they seem at least 25mm short one side and 100mm to the other calliper.. the box is marked Daytona/ST and as we all know the Daytona doesnt have the handlebars and risers, so these ones i have will probably fit ok..

So has anyone fitted Goodridge to the STR??

Thanks
Dodge

·
Registered
121 Posts
So just out of curiosity (yeah, I'm no help in answering your question :whistle:), why replace braided stainless lines with ... braided stainless lines? Just an aesthetics thing ... colored lines / banjos?

And fwiw, as long as the single line can handle the proper volume of fluid to "instantly" push the pistons on both calipers at the same time (which it can), there's no performance advantage to having separate lines to each caliper. Seems like many aftermarket kits package them this way though, as opposed to the single line down and shorter line looping over the top. The Spieglers I've used in the past used the two full-length lines.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So just out of curiosity (yeah, I'm no help in answering your question :whistle:), why replace braided stainless lines with ... braided stainless lines? Just an aesthetics thing ... colored lines / banjos?

And fwiw, as long as the single line can handle the proper volume of fluid to "instantly" push the pistons on both calipers at the same time (which it can), there's no performance advantage to having separate lines to each caliper. Seems like many aftermarket kits package them this way though, as opposed to the single line down and shorter line looping over the top. The Spieglers I've used in the past used the two full-length lines.
Yep u got it... Silver i dont want on the bike, so black with a Carbon look is prefered..

I'm not expert at all with brakes, but a number of the racers run two lines, or so i'm told.. So i guess its better for certain aspects..
That said i'm no racer..

I do prefer the one line....

I did notice a big difference when i removed the standard fluid and replaced it with 5.1 race oil..

Plus yes u are right, no help at all with reply :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Haha, gotcha. That was the main reason I'd swapped on my previous bike ... functionality AND good looks are always a nice combo! From what I understand, the dual line is used in racing in case the front fender is torn off it doesn't take the little "loop" line with it which would leave the rider with no brakes. Yikes!

So more on-topic ... if those are labelled as being for the Daytona, it does seem that they would either have to be too short for the STR or too long for the Daytona (if they were to work for both bikes). Makes me wonder if they shipped ya the wrong part. If not, the definitely need to stop selling those as compatible with the Streety!

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha, gotcha. That was the main reason I'd swapped on my previous bike ... functionality AND good looks are always a nice combo! From what I understand, the dual line is used in racing in case the front fender is torn off it doesn't take the little "loop" line with it which would leave the rider with no brakes. Yikes!

So more on-topic ... if those are labelled as being for the Daytona, it does seem that they would either have to be too short for the STR or too long for the Daytona (if they were to work for both bikes). Makes me wonder if they shipped ya the wrong part. If not, the definitely need to stop selling those as compatible with the Streety!
I didnt know about the fender and loosing the loop line... I do know so thanks..

There is only one kit.. So we think no one has bought these for the ST and fitted them...

Cheers for replies...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts