Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm finally going to have a capable PC again. Just bought all the components yesterday and they should be here next week to build. It's been 4 1/2 years since I've had anything that can run PC games. What are good titles out?

I used to play a lot of Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2, COD, little bit of Starcraft, Rise of Nations.

This build is mainly focused on Photoshop stuff, but it's the new i5 2500k processor, 8GB RAM, and a 1GB video card. I'll be booting Windows 7 and photoshop from a small SSD drive, and everything else on an internal 2TB drive.

I was thinking about picking up Battlefield Bad Company 2 and maybe Starcraft II to begin with. Also, any decent flight/racing games for PC?

·
Registered
850 Posts
I have been playing Live For Speed for 5 years now off and on.LFS is the best racing sim hands down.They have a free demo version that kept me entertained the first 2 years with limited tracks and cars,but you defiantly need a wheel to play it. Farcry 2 is awesome if you want a shooter.Don't have time for gaming anymore,but LFS is too addictive to quit permanently.
Here's a decent video [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNKfipLHtP4"]YouTube - Welcome To LFS 2[/nomedia]

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Oooh RIDER, I NEED your LFS nickname ^^ LFS is playable with keyboard or keyboard + mouse, but wheel + pedals (including clutch) is leaps and bounds ahead. Been playing for years, too, doesn't get old, and at a ridiculously low price.

I've heard nothing but disappointed feedback from BF2BC2 :whistle:

And nothing but good feedback from Amnesia - The Dark Descent :notworthy:

·
Noob Hazer
12,385 Posts
Oooh RIDER, I NEED your LFS nickname ^^ LFS is playable with keyboard or keyboard + mouse, but wheel + pedals (including clutch) is leaps and bounds ahead. Been playing for years, too, doesn't get old, and at a ridiculously low price.

If you have DX11 it looks killer and now with new maps coming out it isn't to bad. It's a fun online game when you have people in your squad who work together.

I have been thinking of getting into driving games since the second Test Drive is coming out and the first one was kickass.

·
Registered
850 Posts

Same as on here,unless you mean the account name.I spent a lot of time on the TC servers,but I haven't played sense my PC bit the dust last year.My G25 lost the clutch pedal too.Im gonna get back into it when I build a new machine.Lots of good memories from LFS :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Starcraft 2, Team Fortress 2, Unreal Tournament 3, Civilization V , R.U.S.E., ........... Diablo III >>> hopefully soon :)

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I just bought Bad Company 2 today. Got my PC up and running. I forgot what it's like with a desktop. I've gone 5 years without one till now. Good timing too since my netbook's screen just died unexpectedly last night

·
Banned
365 Posts
Metro 2033 is alright. Crysis is pretty good. Fallout maybe. Black Ops of course...
Metro 2033 was a great game, same feel as stalker. Black ops and crysis no doubt.
Dead Space 2 just came out, and is excellent on either console, but especially on PC!

Battlefield 3 is on the way, cant wait for that PC exclusive :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.