Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I need to have a spare key made for my 675 because my original broke in the ignition. Luckily I was able to get it out. Now Im using the one and only key I have left and don't feel too comfortable.

Ive researched around and found that this blank will work: Ilco X270 TMC1.

I went to Lowes and Home Depot and they said they can't cut motorcycle keys.

Does anyone know of a good locksmith in San Diego area (preferably in North County SD) that will do a good job cutting a key and isn't gonna charge an arm and a leg. Even better...if they also have the above mentioned key blank also?

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
North County Yamaha/Triumph will charge you $43 though. At least that's what they told me last week . Maybe Rocket is cheaper.
Yeah fuck that!!! I dont want to spend too much on a spare key. Because eventually I may convert it to an ignition-less system.

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lowes and Home Depot are home repair. What you want is an auto locksmith. Just check the phone book.
Did that and almost fainted seeing how many their are. Wanted to go with recommendations based on personal experience.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
I got my key cut from a guy at Ace Hardware for free. Just fine the old guy that's been there forever and they should be able to help you out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.