Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Since there's no MMC this year, looks like I'll have to shoot for some track time at NJMP...which sounds like a blast anyway.

Does anyone in the CT/MA area have a good route to get to NJMP? (I'm near the I-95 corridor in southwest CT)

I dread thinking about going over the GW bridge with a trailer.

Anything in particular that I should avoid?

Thanks.

Brad

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I plan on skipping the city. I know it will be a long detour, but I'd rather that then be stuck in traffic on the GW.

Anywhere else I should be aware off?

(when I travel to visit my family in GA, I normally hit 287 to 78 to 81...a little bit longer, but generally a more pleasant drive than I-95)

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
My guess is to get to the NY Thurway south, which connects to I-287 in Jersey. Take that south to the GS Parkway South, the Atlantic City Expressway West to Rt 54 to Millville

or

NY Thruway South to I287 to NJ. Take it to the end which will link up with the NJ Turnpike South. Take Exit 4 (Rt. 73) and get right on I-295 South. You can take the Turnpike further South, but connecting to I-55 looks to be a pain, this way is very easy.

Once on I-295, watch for the I76/Philly Split (stay right), and take the exit for Rt42/Atlantic City.

In a mile, stay right and take the exit for Rt.-55 (Vineland?).

Take Exit 27 to Millville, follow local directions to track.

From the Turnpike exit, it should be about 1 hour to get there. You should spend about an hour on I-287 and the NJ Turnpike.

If you've never been to NJMP, you won't miss Monticello. Thunderbolt is a proper race track and facility. May night have the right grass or paint color, but on track, it's a night and day difference.

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
Jstu...that's exactly why I'm asking for a good route:nod:

I just need a way to sneak out of work for those two days :whistle:
Now thats what I'm talking about! :thumbup: Just say your going to be sick those two days.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wonder if this will fly:

Hey, boss. I'm going to be out sick (flips through calendar) on April 25th and 26th and maybe again on (flips through calendar again) June 20th and 21st. :puke:

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I wonder if this will fly:

Hey, boss. I'm going to be out sick (flips through calendar) on April 25th and 26th and maybe again on (flips through calendar again) June 20th and 21st. :puke:
More or less yeah.

Well I don't know about the VIR dates

·
Registered
173 Posts
You'll want to grab 95 > 287 (across Tappen Zee) > 9W > 95

9W ends in Fort Lee. Theres like 3 stop lights then you take right onto 95. easy

I'd like to make it to NJMP this summer two. I got an enclosed trailer that straps two bikes. maybe we can consolidate the trip sometime this summer. i've only been to NH

..and most of my riding takes place in redding/new canaan/new york area :whistle:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.