Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after getting my Astars track pants for a good price (250) I'm thinking about a jacket that will zip up to them. I am very interested in the RC-1, which is very hard to find, but this website has it in my size and black:
http://www.alpinestarsmotorcycle.com/alpinestars-rc-1-leather-jacket.html

Now they sell the jacket for $320, down from regular price of $370, but anywhere else it seems like this jacket is $500. For $320 it seems like a great deal to me that I shouldn't miss out, but it seems too good to be true.

Any of you guys deal with this website before? Are these jackets genuine?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Seems legit, they only have 3 sizes left so they are prob just trying to get rid of them. You can get a lot of good deals that way, I'd go for it :thumbup:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've got the RC-1, its a great jacket. Good luck getting it for that price :thumbup:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is that a sarcastic good luck? cuz it won't let me check out, there is something wrong with the site so maybe you're right im gonna need some luck lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sorry, it wasn't meant to be. I feel bad now. :unhappy:

Can't you email/phone them?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No worries man! Yea I'm going to email them because there is no phone number showing. I've got a question about the Rc-1 since you own one. How is the airflor? cuz i know it has no perforation in the front but just air vents at various spots. Do those vents work well in hot temperatures? I was thinking about the SP1 for that reason because it is all perforated in the front. Thanks

·
Registered
862 Posts
Semi on topic, I have a perforated leather Dainese and it is a HUGE help in hot weather. But it still gets hot as shit, perforations or not. Small price to pay for the protection, and looks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sorry to tell you this but those little air vents are more for style than function. Don't know how hot it gets in Vegas, am guessing very! You might get a bit sweaty.

Since you're on a naked you'll be cooler while moving and the air penetrates the stretch panels on the arms. Am trying to find good points...

What jacket have you currently got? Is that ventilated?

The more I think about the few really warm days we had over here last year, the more I think you'll want to look for something else. We maybe get to see a couple of weeks at 32 degrees celsius and if memory serves me right, my proskin baselayer was damp at the end of the rides. I only wear the proskin on really hot days to stop the leather sticking to me.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea i figured it's gonna be hot as hell anyways. BTW posnikb sorry we never got together for a ride but I moved from Naperville to Vegas 2 weeks after we talked, so busy time for me. Anyways I thought that riding in Chicago summer was bad but Vegas summer is impossible. All the mesh in the world can't help you if you're doing anything under 25mph lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sounds like there's a market over in America for a water-cooled baselayer system. A bit like those super overclocked PCs have that spoilt kids have.

You could have the heatsink fins on your shoulders...

This idea might just work. I claim "patent pending"-pending. Anyone makes it now then they have to pay me lots of cash, lots and lots of cash. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
You mentioned the RC-1 jacket but I think that's the textile version. Is that what you are looking for? I didn't see any full leather jackets.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am talking about the rc-1 full leather. Anyways, impossible to get a hold of anybody running this site, so I think i'm gonna buy a Stunt or Sp1 at the local shop.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts