Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Happy New Years to all :)

Since it's the silly season, my usual mid-week GOR rides have been overtaken by slow/idiot tourists. Since I moved down here mid year, I haven't gotten to know the 'unknown' good-fun areas as much as I would like to since I did 90%+ of my riding on GOR when I moved to Geelong. If anyone is hesitant to state their knowledge of roads down here in case Mr Plod decides to examine it as well, feel free to PM me and let me know of areas and the like :)

When I first started riding in my teens on mates bikes, it was mostly off-road due to it being on farms and stuff near my parents, we then did some GOR riding in the late 80s before I got my car licence in 91 and decided I'd kill myself if I got a mbike licence (testerone + my parents would be in line to tan my hide besides the trees + roadside since I knew I would have come off road sooner than later. Speed + the love I have for more speed wouldn't be a great combination back then.)

So.. All said and done, I'd love to find any 'great' mbike riding areas so I have somewhere to go while mid-week GOR has gone to the sh!tter due to said tourists. I've been riding around Hamilton, Cressy way but not finding too many roads that I'd define as 'great' for riding, i.e corners + corners + more corners.

Hope you all are enjoying the new year (and on the bikes!) I have been, just trying to find more fun roads besides hours of riding on roads for first time and going "Ooops, straight roads for lots of kms does not make this fun!"

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
send Juz a PM as he's a previous resident of the area.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers :) I'll definitely do that later on, we're about to head off to our first family day at the beach. It's a big LOL as Emma and I _hate_ the beach, we're whities, well besides my ~150+ hours of tattoo work ha.. (I like to stay white so my tattoos stay brighter longer/forever :) ) But we're taking her to Torquay beach after lunch when a couple mates rock up to hang out with us!

But for now, it's beach time and weekend riding for me is a big no no, Mr Plod and being on a bike just don't agree *cough*

And a video I took of Cassie eating yesterday [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeWtGbkFKsE"]YouTube - Cassie bopping to music[/nomedia] She bops to the music at 40sec mark, she's done some pretty cool dancing moves, just never caught them on video yet!..... yet!....:coolgleamA:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts