Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i get the varrying issue of the position sennsor not reading the correct gear like alot of other people here. it comes and goes. i was riding today and it got stuck at 1. the check engine light was also on. now i dont know which happened first obviously because i was having fun. my question : is it possible for the MIL to come on if this sensor malfunctions? i took the sensor out, spun the little wheel around lots of times, and stuck it back in. seems to have cured the problem for now. but the engine light is still on. i disconnected the battery in hopes of clearing. no dice. well, perhaps i didnt leave it disconnected long enough. not sure if the ECU will clear the codes on battery loss(will it?). i do not have a code reader at this time. anything else i should do besides 3 cold starts to clear tthe code? that is, if the code is about the sensor?

edit,: according to another post on this site the malfunction code for this sensor does not illuminate the cel
P0705 Gear position sensor circuit malfunction **Supported by DTC P1690

oh well. looks like i have other problems

UPDATE: P0705 DOES illuminate the light. bought a code reader. problem solved and archived for anyone else

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update. it's been about 10 days and the gear change sensor is still flawless. i would recomend anyone that has a flakey reading on thier instrumentation to remove the sensor, spin in a few times to make sure there is nothing blocking it's movement, the put it back in. do this before replacement. it's free. worked like a charm for me.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
I assume the gear sensor is similar to the D675 to the Striple? If so, where exactly is this peice? Thanks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea, should be identical. the sensor is under the front sprocket cover. there are 3 or 4 bolts that hold the cover and two that hold the sensor. should only take 10 minutes to get out if that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had the exact same problem as that. Bike would change gears fine but would always show as being in first. I took it to the dealers as a service was about due and they found a coil was totally split. No idea if this fixed it but it hasn't reoccurred.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I hate to ask a dumb question, but does the shift rod need to be removed? I have a 2012 daytona, and can't get to the spocket cover bolts?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts