Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All

Over the last couple of weeks I've noticed when changing down that the gear on screen indicator is incorrect. So, I'll have changed down to 1st or 2nd, but the on screen indicator is indicating a gear above, so for 1st its showing 2nd and for 2nd its showing 3rd.

The clutch is fine and changes ok - its just the indicator which seems out. Anyone else had this issue and if so, how did you resolve.:frown2:

Cheers, Derek.

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Your Gear Position Sensor is either dirty or just malfunctioning. Most likely, it is malfunctioning. A few folks here have had luck just by cleaning it, but don't get your hopes up, lol. It's sort of common and not a big deal, but if you dig deep enough, there is mention that the ECU does indeed read the gear position to adjust fueling, so with that said - it's best to get it fixed or replaced. From memory, it's not a terribly expensive part. Mine was replaced under warranty about 2 years out. Sometimes, when it's really cold, it is a little sluggish to read correctly between gears 1 & 2 when first starting out. But as soon as it warms up, it functions correctly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts