Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was wondering if anyone would be interested in trying to get all of us GA guys together for a track day this year? I've never done one and have the itch pretty bad but it would be nice to have some other new guys with me for support as most of my local friends ride cruisers and all of you seem like great guys to hang out with!:thumbup:

I'd like to try and go to STT's event at Road Atlanta in August as it would give us plenty of time to plan meeting up and signing up. Also, it being my first track day I feel I would probably be more comfortable at RA as I used to race cars there many times before I got smart and switched to two wheels haha!

Just trying to gauge the interest right now but if everyone seems pretty open to the idea then we could all start getting it planned I'm sure.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am hoping to make it to RA. I've only done one trackday last year with MM at Lil Tally. I hope to do one at Barber in May with STT also.
Yeah I was there for Vintage Festival last year. Barber looks like an awesome track for sure!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Parker, you have a good idea going here. I too would love to do a track day.
I attended one late last year as a spectator with cjc, and will let you know now, he's got his s**t together when it comes to track days. I'm jealous of his setup.
I would expect to see a reply on here from louie3 as well as that seems to be his preferred way to ride.
If your not doing anything April 5, why don't you come on the memorial ride with me leaving from Adairsville. It would give us a chance to finally meet, and you may see some roads you like that are far less travelled than the ones your used to.
I'll be watching one way or the other.:)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
88 Posts
Parker, you have a good idea going here. I too would love to do a track day.
I attended one late last year as a spectator with cjc, and will let you know now, he's got his s**t together when it comes to track days. I'm jealous of his setup.
I would expect to see a reply on here from louie3 as well as that seems to be his preferred way to ride.
If your not doing anything April 5, why don't you come on the memorial ride with me leaving from Adairsville. It would give us a chance to finally meet, and you may see some roads you like that are far less travelled than the ones your used to.
I'll be watching one way or the other.:)

Alpha not sure if Louie will be riding this season he is full time schooling for the DeKalb Fire Dept. He is the guy I went to my first trackday with we trailered together it was a good time for sure. He said he may put his street stuff back on and ride some weekends. I'm looking forward to meeting up with y'all I'm by no means fast but I'm planning to work on that lol.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Parker, Louie's been talking about putting his street stuff back on since last fall...lol. He also told me I'd be surprised how much everyone rides in Georgia during winter. I'd like to get his take on this past winter:what:
Seems he should have had ample time to put her back to street...lol

Don't worry about being fast, I don't think I am. Just a middle aged hooligan:cool:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Parker, Louie's been talking about putting his street stuff back on since last fall...lol. He also told me I'd be surprised how much everyone rides in Georgia during winter. I'd like to get his take on this past winter:what:
Seems he should have had ample time to put her back to street...lol

Don't worry about being fast, I don't think I am. Just a middle aged hooligan:cool:

I would come on the 5th Alpha but I'll be out of town :/! And I'm not so fast either but then again I've never been on the track so maybe I'll surprise myself...I was always pretty quick in a car, for some reason I've always felt pretty comfortable on a track.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Lol yeah I'm not holding my breath on him putting street stuff back on lol. I have been riding all winter and if I only had a dollar for every time I was asked if I hit the crack pipe before coming to work lmao. Haven't done much more than commute though didn't have anybody really to get out with. I'm hoping to ride this weekend not sure witch day yet though would like to meet up with y'all if you're out. I have to work Friday or I'd hit you up Alpha.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.