Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a fuel pump issue on my 2013 675. The relay triggers and the pump turns on, but instead of priming the injectors it just recirculates in the tank. Instead of fuel at the injectors, I can see the fuel cascading down from the top of the pump.

If I disconnect the fuel line, the pump will move fuel out just fine... but evidently can't hold pressure when the fuel line is connected

I tried taking the pump out and cleaning it, double checked the o-ring between the module and pump section. There's a black rubber thing at the top of the pump I think is the issue, but I didn't see anything connected to it and I can't find a schematic of the pump.

Any thoughts before I buy a new pump?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Not sure what you mean by black rubber thing. The pressure regulator?

Not aware you can buy separate parts for these so you're in for a new pump even if you identify the faulty component

Sounds like either the integral filter (not the strainer) or the pressure regulator is clogged/toast.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Here's a heads up for you if you disassemble the fuel pump. Theres an o-ring that has to be fitted correctly or the bike won't start, Make sure the o-ring is fitted over the male plastic piece and not sitting inside the female piece and therefore of the end of the male piece.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I realized you're right, no sense diagnosing something I can't rebuild. So I grabbed a used pump that showed up today. AND, some progress. After a LOT of effort and cranking the bike fired up, YAY! Then after idling a bit roughly the RPMS shot up to 4k and stayed there with a lot of backfiring. I hooked up TuneECU and watched the injector timing. For that first short bit of idling, the injectors were all ~1.8ms. When it shoots up to 4k injectors 1&3 are showing 4.3ms and injector 2 is 2.9ms.

I noticed when I drained the tank to try to inspect the original fuel pump, the gas was wet... as in visible water. So I think the original fuel pump and looks like injectors got damaged from bad fuel

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HA! Apparently my throttlebody clamps were quite tight enough and the throttle bodies got pulled loose while I was pulling out the airbox. Reseated the TBs and all seems to be running right now!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts