Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Yall,

I've been searching for weeks for a fuel pump assembly for my 07 DT 675.
Everything used on ebay is almost 400 bucks where as new models of fuel pumps are going for less than 200. Smh. I have checked the aftermarket market thread to see of there was any compatability with another bike and all I see is the 01 R1 but that's for the fuel pump.

So does anyone know where to get a decent priced fuel pump assembly
Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motorcycle

·
Registered
253 Posts
Pretty sure the 13+ Daytona pump is the same. Triumph Tiger uses the same one as well. Part number is T2400735.

Here's a couple under $200:

·
Registered
253 Posts

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I'm fairly certain you are mistaken. There are several differences.

1. The pressures are different. First and second gen pumps are 3.0 bar and 3rd gen is 3.5 bar.

2. The part numbers are different.
1st/2nd gen is T2401997 Triumph T2401977 Fuel Pump Module
3rd gen is T2400735 Triumph T2400735 Fuel Pump, 3.5 Bar

The 1st and 2nd gen pump use a low fuel sensor whereas the 3rd gen uses a tube type fuel level sender.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Looks like we're both right. I had cause to talk to the local Triumph dealer today on something else. Triumph changed these in 07. So VINs up to 56947 us the older pump. 564948+ use the newer T2400735.

He could not order the older pump at all. Listed as no longer available. Forgot to ask if it would be backwards compatible.

So the original poster should check the last five of her VIN and hope it uses the newer pump.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Parts for the old 675's are getting harder to come by, which is why they are so expensive. What's wrong with your assembly?
It's not getting enough push to the gasoline or something like that. It's struggling to get gas. When we put the meter on it. The readings was low which told us that we needed a new assembly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like we're both right. I had cause to talk to the local Triumph dealer today on something else. Triumph changed these in 07. So VINs up to 56947 us the older pump. 564948+ use the newer T2400735.

He could not order the older pump at all. Listed as no longer available. Forgot to ask if it would be backwards compatible.

So the original poster should check the last five of her VIN and hope it uses the newer pump.
Thank you.

How do I cross reference the last 5 Vin number to see of it uses a newer pump?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pretty sure the 13+ Daytona pump is the same. Triumph Tiger uses the same one as well. Part number is T2400735.

Thank you I will check these out

·
Registered
253 Posts
VIN is on the right side of frame at the steering stem. It's also usually also on a sticker on the left side but these can fall off or wear off.

Almost all motorcycles have the VIN there. Here's what it looks like on a Honda RR. Daytona will start with SM. You only care about the last five numbers.

Unlike the Japanese which will only make changes between model years Triumph makes changes whenever they feel the need. So whenever you buy a new Triumph part they'll ask for last 5 of the VIN.

Pumps don't really go bad that often. First thing I'd do is remove it and check the strainer to see if it's clogged.

Hood Motor vehicle Auto part Gas Electric blue

·
Registered
892 Posts
First check to see if you haven't routed the fuel line wrong and have the line pinched. If the line is fine, then check the teabag strainer to see if it isn't coated in crap. If that checks out as well, then do as Far Canal suggested and just get the pump, not the entire assembly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Thank you so much. your feedback has helped me find possible fuel pumps that are lower in cost as well.

i see the fuel sender unit with a number of
Automotive tire Font Auto part Liquid Electric blue

That has been listed as compatible for my bike. Wish me luck I'm still searching

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay last question. I noticed on the part number while they all say 2401977
the sub number below it
IE:
101962-0603-12v is compatible
101962-0602-12v is not compatible

What does this mean and does it really matter?

·
Registered
2008 Daytona 675
15 Posts
Does anyone know if the internal o-rings for the fuel pump assembly are available? Specifically the one circled. I can measure it, and go buy a nitrile or viton option, if I can find the size. But curious if anyone has a specific part number.
Wood Recipe Ingredient Skull Bone

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Does anyone know if the internal o-rings for the fuel pump assembly are available? Specifically the one circled. I can measure it, and go buy a nitrile or viton option, if I can find the size. But curious if anyone has a specific part number. View attachment 260925
Dang I literally just took the old one off.
Does anyone know if the internal o-rings for the fuel pump assembly are available? Specifically the one circled. I can measure it, and go buy a nitrile or viton option, if I can find the size. But curious if anyone has a specific part number. View attachment 260925
I literally just took my old fuel pump off let me see if I can get it out of the trash and see if the old ring is up there and it's viable if it is you can have it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts