Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale is my brand new (only worn twice for 18 mile commute to work) NIB Bell Revolver Solid Helmet in solid matte Black, size: Large. This is a modular full face helmet with built in flip down shades (very cool and effective). I bought the helmet brand new but after just two very short rides I decided that it is not the right helmet for me. Never been dropped, scratched, dinged or even placed on the ground/floor. Retails from $199.95 to $219.95. Asking price is $190.99 shipped to continental US. PM me for photos as the below are stock photos. Note: Clear shield included. Helmet shown with optional tinted shield.

Cap Helmet Peripheral Input device Automotive design
Helmet Sports gear Automotive design Sports equipment Cap
Peripheral Input device Automotive tire Gadget Sports equipment

Information and Details about the Bell Revolver Solid Helmets
made by Bell

Convenience meets confidence with Bell's all-new Revolver modular helmet. By harnessing the design horsepower of the marquee Bell Star and the extensive R&D know-how of Bell's Santa Cruz, Calif. engineering team, we've made a flip-up that's as beautiful as it is functional. One look and it's easy to see the family resemblance-the new school shaping and contours that are the signature of the Star (as well as the value-minded Vortex and new mid-line RS-1) are clearly evident and functional in the Revolver.

Like its siblings, the Revolver features Bell's Velocity Flow Ventilation system to usher cooling air through the helmet. The system's use of precisely-placed flow separator combined with its truncated shape make for an inherently stable aerodynamic signature.

The Revolver includes modular-specific features like the integrated internal Sun Shade-a short, dark shield independent of the main shield-which drops down with the flick of a lever to fight bright sunlight. A robust, easy-to-actuate button opens the Revolver's mechanism allowing the chinbar to flip up. The helmet also uses the world's quickest, easiest-to-use shield changing system-Bell's ClickRelease-allowing the option of more than a dozen tints, including the astounding Transitions SOLFX photochromic shield.

Industries first Modular helmet designed for function and performance all in one
Internal Sun Shade offers "on the fly" protection from the sun without having to stop and change shields
Velocity Flow Ventilation™ system with FlowAdjust™ for maximum ventilation and temperature control
Lightweight composite polycarbonate alloy shell
Super stable aerodynamic signature resists buffeting and lift
Contour Cut Cheekpads for superior fit and comfort
ClickRelease™ for the fastest, easiest, tool-free shield swaps ever
NutraFog II™ superior anti-fog, anti-scratch and UV protected shield
Removable and washable, antibacterial/antimicrobial interior comfort liner
Exclusive Magnafusion™ magnetic strap keeper (Patent Pending)

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
Pretty mean looking helmet. What didn't you like about it?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is indeed a sweet lid and I really like how the shield wraps around offering a better side view. Less need to turn my head to see out the side. It looks great and the built in flip down shades are badass with easy to use gloved operation. No need topack a pair of sun glasses anymore.

What I didn't like about it, which I would assume is to be expected from any modular helmet, is the physical size of the shell and the air that the helmet allows thru the halmet. Sure my head stayed cooland I didn't even sweat at all but the noise was noticeably louder than in my Icon Airframe. Because of the modular design and allowing for all sorts of flip up configurations (what's neat is that you can have the full face helmet portion flipped up but still have the shades down, very cool) there needs to be more space causing the shell to be larger than non-modular helmets. All modular helmets I've seen or tried on were larger than non modular designs but to be completely honest I did not know that this helmet was modular when I ordered it. I thought it was cool looking, had great features, trusted teh Bell name and had plans on customizing it with vinyl decals that I was having made by Greg over at Greedy Carnival. The matte surface is ideal for vinyl graphics and the rear of the helmet looks like a cool mean face with it's vents as eyes.

All in all great helmet just not for me.

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
Ah okay, gotcha. Good luck with the sale man. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
ive got an airframe too. hate to say it but i dont see you getting $10 less (5%) than a new helmet. ive got some brand new icon jeans (which have good crash reviews, even one from a member here) and i cant give them away. finally got rid of them on ebay for 30% less than new. GL

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. If I don't sell it no sweat. It's always a good idea to have a spare lid anyway but I have no plans to wear it unless my other two backup helmets take a shyt on me as well. I'm sure I will end up lowering the price and I should have said in the OP that I will entertain reasonable offers lower than my asking price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts