Triumph 675 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

· Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Alright,

All orders have been shipped and members should be receiving their units wednesday and thursday of this week.
Please keep me updated on how these work for you, and if their is anything i can do to help!

All units were measured and read between 50.2-51.8 ohms.

Have a member testing out the unit on a street triple and will update if this connector will work for a streety!

I have more in stock and can ship out directly.

Best,
Mark

· Registered
7,846 Posts
Whew, finally got the B bike together and running again and this kit worked beautifully. I kept the bracket to which the SAI was mounted to zip-tie the resistor. Cleans the area up nicely and seems to get good airflow just behind the radiator.

· Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Our very own Skoot3r tried these out for me on his Street Triple!
resistor kits are compatable with 13+ street triples! SAI Block off and no CEL/ issues after install.
keep us updated Skoot! :thumbup:

let me know if ya need one!

· Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Hopefully everyone is getting great use out of their resistor kits, and more importantly, speed machines!

Continue to ride safe, and enjoy each minute of it!! :thumbsup:

Still making these by order, so dont hesitate to ask!

· Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
All orders are shipped out last week! If any one has any issues, give me a shout, but these units seem to be working for everyone, and staying in tact for several months thus far with no issues
.... except MGFChapin :whistle:

Thanks everyone!

· Registered
4,466 Posts
All orders are shipped out last week! If any one has any issues, give me a shout, but these units seem to be working for everyone, and staying in tact for several months thus far with no issues
.... except MGFChapin :whistle:

Thanks everyone!
Ditch, can I get one? I sent you a PM also. Thanks!

· Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Bamboo^ PM replied! Ship back safe my friend!

Torana9x, You can not leave the solenoid unit in place and have the block off plates installed, and without that connector plugged in, you will have a CEL. (also, with using an aftermarket exhuast, you will need a servo buddy to pass the servo motor from the stock exhaust on the daytona)

Let me know if you have further questions or need some assistance.

Best,

Mark

· Registered
176 Posts
[/URL]
This is the resistor I got today. Smaller than I thought it would be.. anyways, since the connector is hard mounted on the solanoid, I'm thinking I might just cut the connector from the bike and direct wire it to the resistor. Does it matter what wire goes where on the resistor? Or makes no difference?

· Registered
176 Posts
Bamboo^ PM replied! Ship back safe my friend!

Torana9x, You can not leave the solenoid unit in place and have the block off plates installed, and without that connector plugged in, you will have a CEL. (also, with using an aftermarket exhuast, you will need a servo buddy to pass the servo motor from the stock exhaust on the daytona)

Let me know if you have further questions or need some assistance.

Best,

Mark
Hey mate, I've installed the plates and resistor. Now when i go to start the bike it wont fire up unless i give it throttle.. I have to hold the throttle on to keep it running, soon as i let go the bike cuts out. Any idea what's going on here?

· Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
^ shouldnt matter which wire you solder to which lead/ tooth in the connector.... but that resistor will probably carry more heat than the larger ones.... my original design used that resistor type, but when soldering, the connection itself came out of the resistor... two more failed, so i went with a better option and more soldering/ securing to the leads.

.... now.. i would double check the entire set up... make sure your block off plates are on correctly, and that your resistor is still in tact/ operating.

What bike and exhaust you running?

Ultimately i dont think that the block off alone would cause the issues with fueling you describe... i had tried mine before i out the resistor in... and had a CEL, but no trouble running the bike.

Soon after though, i had the bike custom tuned!

have you messed with the throttle control/ position of the cables?
and the throttle bodies... just double check every little thing... it's important to make sure all parts function properly on these machines

Let me know if i can be of more assistance... i hope we can figure this out and fix it easily.
@MacBandit or @JDgun would know much more than I

· Registered
176 Posts
^ shouldnt matter which wire you solder to which lead/ tooth in the connector.... but that resistor will probably carry more heat than the larger ones.... my original design used that resistor type, but when soldering, the connection itself came out of the resistor... two more failed, so i went with a better option and more soldering/ securing to the leads.

.... now.. i would double check the entire set up... make sure your block off plates are on correctly, and that your resistor is still in tact/ operating.

What bike and exhaust you running?

Ultimately i dont think that the block off alone would cause the issues with fueling you describe... i had tried mine before i out the resistor in... and had a CEL, but no trouble running the bike.

Soon after though, i had the bike custom tuned!

have you messed with the throttle control/ position of the cables?
and the throttle bodies... just double check every little thing... it's important to make sure all parts function properly on these machines

Let me know if i can be of more assistance... i hope we can figure this out and fix it easily.

@MacBandit or @JDgun would know much more than I
I've got it all sorted after pulling my hair out trying to work out that the heck was happening.. Turns out a scalpel i was using to cut electrical tape fell between the throttle bodies and happened to wedge right in the wrong place.. When you turn the ignition on there is this motor thingo, have no idea what it's actually called that opens the throttle bodies to allow fuel in when idle obviously, and i happened to obstruct that, so it was unable to open them, hence why it wouldn't idle but would run when i had the throttle open .. That'll teach me..

Just off topic for a sec, do you know where the crank sensor is located?

· Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
OH SHIT!!!

BE SUUUUUPER CAREFUL TO NOT LET STUFF LIKE THAT HAPPEN! you could certainly ruin your bike, and your self.

i am glad it was minor, but you should still have the bike checked out/ go through it thoroughly to make sure there is no permanent damage.

best of luck, give me a shout if you need further help

21 - 40 of 54 Posts