Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys! Ok I have a little n00bish problem. I just bought a new Nose fairing ( with the headlights in ) but I cant seem to fit it on properly. The Right side goes on perfectly and aligns with the side fairing holes but the left goes in about 3/4 way and just manages to touch the left side fairing. None of the wires are in the way ( I think ) but even when trying to fit the left side first it still doesn't align with the side fairing or the mirror holes on top.Even with some force applied it still doesnt move from that 3/4 way position. I"ve tried like 10 times to fit it on but no luck. The Fairing and lights are both original Triumph parts so I have no idea whats wrong. Any help guys?

·
Registered
769 Posts
I know you stated that you don't have any wires in the way but make sure the main harness is tucked in properly. Also make sure the bracket that holds the fuses slips onto the stud on the fairing. Sometimes the left side can be a little bit of a pain.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just managed to get the fuse clip thingy on the tip of the stud. The fairing doesnt budge anymore. The wires from the gauge that are just above the grill "seem" to be causing the problem but they havent moved since I took off the original.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Is the rubber that surrounds the grill properly in place?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it is. Will post pic's just now. However.... I can move the whole front air tube/box about 6cm up as its a bit loose. Is that normal?

·
Registered
769 Posts
I would have to say no. Check the bolts and make sure its not broken. I had just put my stock plastics back on the other week and the main wire harness the sits behind the inside plastic covers tends to be a bit stiff and I usually have to move that around. Also make sure the vacuum hose that goes to the intake flapper valve isn't getting in the way.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are some pic's. ( couldnt hold the fairing and take a pic as i needed both hands to secure it ). I got the bike 2nd hand and only ever needed to take off the fairings now. There are 3 bolts holding the air box. the one on the lower right hand side is missing :tears:

Attachments

·
Registered
769 Posts
Is the right side of your fairing stay broken?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right side if your sitting on the bike or right side from the picture view? btw whats a fairing stay?

·
Registered
769 Posts
The right side of the bike as you are sitting on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope, its just looks like that in the pic :nod: . My dog stole one of those rubber spacers that fit between the fairing and the frame holes for the mirror :thumbdown:

·
Registered
769 Posts
Is the inside panel(black piece, the one next to the left fork) getting in the way,or are you able to get that piece lined up? Make sure the steering damper is clearing. I put on the front fairing before I put the side fairings on, to me it's easier.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im able to get it lined up fairly well. I turned the steering full to one side so Im able to get the fairing in place. I also thought of doing that but dont you need the side fairings on first so you have something to secure the nose to?

·
Registered
769 Posts
I put the nose fairing in place use the four windscreen screws and the mirrors to secure it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I took out the lights from the fairing and it fitted on great. Put the lights back in and the problems back. So something is catching on the headlights. Will try putting the nose on first with the side fairings off now.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Just a thought. You say you bought a new nose fairing with the lights in. Is the nose and lights from the original 675 design or the later model where they changed the shape of the lights? I would have thought that the noses are interchangeable over the years, but is it possible you have the nose from an earlier/later model to yours and the design of the nose is different and wont fit? I would have thought the mounting points and overall design is the same across the models, but maybe it isn't and this is your problem? Or maybe it is somehow connected with the different shaped lights?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep, their from the original desigin. I have an 06 model and the parts I got are from another 06 model. Well the fairing is and the lights are from an 07 model but i dont think that will be a problem?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Yep, their from the original desigin. I have an 06 model and the parts I got are from another 06 model. Well the fairing is and the lights are from an 07 model but i dont think that will be a problem?
No, that's cool. The 06 and 07 are the same. It was just a thought. Can't think of anything else other than something is just getting in the way that shouldn't.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts