Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At least in this situation...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyfiIxf29JQ"]YouTube - Buell Lowside Motorcycle Crash Feb 6th, 2011[/nomedia]

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
i thought the camera guy was going tom TMZ it and take some close up shots of the rider down. :laugh:

dude looks like that guy had a handful of front brake, what a nut. that has to be the most crashed road in america.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
i thought the camera guy was going tom TMZ it and take some close up shots of the rider down. :laugh:

dude looks like that guy had a handful of front brake, what a nut. that has to be the most crashed road in america.
Yeah, there are tons of vids of that cursed road.

·
Super Moderator
2,821 Posts
I just cringed thinking about his knee dragging under the bike like that...if he was wearing legit gear, especially leathers with knee pucks he probably would have been injury free.

If you are going to ride like that on purpose, agressive, wear the gear!

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I'm not under the impression it was aggressive, just looks like the darker patch of tarmac made him panic.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not under the impression it was aggressive, just looks like the darker patch of tarmac made him panic.
Nah, he just realized that he was going into that corner way too hot (for his abilities) and grabbed a handful of front brake.

·
Registered
601 Posts
talk about a front end dive! yikes! thats on the dragon?

and I'm with smoke, not much of a turn, but that dark pavement there prolly got him scared

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Another example why you need to wear additional knee armor if your going to rock jeans on the street. Shit....any cheap knee guard will better than just denim...

Learning how to ride your bike without panicking is also important..:whistle:

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
It is indeed the lack of a proper corner which makes me think that, because if it's not the case, the crash then becomes epicly stupid, while it was just normally stupid otherwise.

At least he wasn't wearing shorts ans flip-flops :coolgleamA:

Hope someone offered him TOTW since then.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts