1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,512 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
I picked up a set of GBRacing fork sliders when i bought my case covers.
they were about $35 - $40 & yeah, i'd say they were worth every penny.
i had a slow off when i had my R6 & the frame sliders worked great but the bottom of the fork got scuffed up. if i'd had the fork sliders on it would have definately prevented it.
it's not worth loosing your no claims & raising your insurance premium for a scuff like that.

·
Registered
596 Posts
For what they do for you in a lowside, axle sliders are BIG bang for buck. Especially when you consider that Daytona parts aren't like CBR parts.

·
Registered
38 Posts
+1 on the full GB kit. Includes frame sliders, case protection for both sides, front and rear axles plus toe guard for the rear sprocket. Comes to under $400 (I think) which I'm sure is less than most peoples' insurance deductible.

I look at this stuff more as "tip over" protection as opposed to actual crash protection. you never know what's going to happen if you become seperated from your bike at speed, but in the driveway, parking lot or pits this stuff is sure to protect the tank, frame, and engine cases from costly and unsightly damage.

In the long run it's cheap insurance.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
If the motorcycle is fully insured and it goes down your wasting your money on the sliders. Track only and not insured, more protection the better.
Only if you love paying increased premiums because you make a claim over a knockdown or low speed crash. Frame/axle sliders & engine covers can make the difference between a totaled bike on a high speed low side on the street and one that just needs new paint & plastic repair. Sliders all around FTW! :rofl:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts