Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Much to me "glee," while bleeding the cooling system the other day 2 chunks of, what looked like gremlins at the time, of silicone came crawling out of the bleed side of the radiator.

The engine was recently rebuilt, so this leads me to believe whatever "master tech" put it together managed to get a good amount of silicone in the coolant passages. These two chunks were the size of about a quarter each. Now the real question, how do I deal with this?

I flushed the radiator before just using distilled water and filling it until it came out the bleed side. The only reason this silicone came out is because the bike was running, and it was hot. I think sticking a garden hose in one side and flushing it that way would be akin to pissing in the wind. Any recommended procedures? Should I pull the water pump too?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I would just leave well enough alone.......unless the bike is overheating. These pieces could be all that is in the fluid and taking stuff apart may not reveal anything. I try to go with the motto .......If it's not broke don't fix it....but then again I have been drinking tonight......:whistle:

·
Registered
55 Posts

dont know what year but mine is 2009 and when i last done a oil change a bit come out to so whether triumph fill it up with it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts