Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a fork compressor or know where I might be able to pick one up or use for cheap? I went to redo the oil in the forks and discovered that I need that tool to pull them apart. *doh.

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
They also have a much cheaper manual tool. I want to say it is somewhere around $40. The P/N for it is TFTT 01
Is that the one with the lever you pull down to compress? Yeah that one's decent if you have someone helping you. Damn near impossible by yourself though. TFSC 01 is a cinch by yourself but it is on the expensive side.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Is that the one with the lever you pull down to compress? Yeah that one's decent if you have someone helping you. Damn near impossible by yourself though. TFSC 01 is a cinch by yourself but it is on the expensive side.
Yah it has two handles you pull down on. Definitely takes two people. One to pull down (with all their might) and one to slip in the cartridge rod holding tool. The first time I used the TFTT 01 I rigged up some thing with a ratchet strap to compress the spring. I have used both and recommend the TFSC01 or TFSC02. I just wanted to point out that there was another option if you are on a budget. I am sure you know MGFChapin, but others may not. The tools get more expensive as you scroll down.

TFTT 01

TFSC 01

TFSC 02

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.