Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put a 2011 striple forks in a 06-08 d675? I’ve recently acquired a d675 and I’m 85 percent sure the forks are bent but can’t find a true 675 set anywhere.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Regular Street Triple forks will not fit the Daytona because the calipers are different on the regular street triple. Not to mention they would be a downgrade because they have no adjustability to them. Street Triple R forks on the other hand are a direct swap. I can't say for sure that the cartridges have the same shim stacks and the springs are the same so I wouldn't recommend using one of each fork at the same time, but in pairs there's no issue at all. I have an extra full set of forks here, shipping might be prohibitive though given I'm in Canada.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Check to see if yours are bent first though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ll have to pull them out to double check but the axle carrier where the fender bolts to is bent so I just assumed they would be bent in general. When I tried to pull the axle out i had to take a punch and tap it to get it to come loose after in screwing it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Regular Street Triple forks will not fit the Daytona because the calipers are different on the regular street triple. Not to mention they would be a downgrade because they have no adjustability to them. Street Triple R forks on the other hand are a direct swap. I can't say for sure that the cartridges have the same shim stacks and the springs are the same so I wouldn't recommend using one of each fork at the same time, but in pairs there's no issue at all. I have an extra full set of forks here, shipping might be prohibitive though given I'm in Canada.
Hi there...
I saw you mentioned you have an extra set of forks. I just destroyed my forks on my '11 street triple. What forks do you have? Willing to sell?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts