Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
Hrmmm.. I think what I did was put both flat metal mounting spots on the same side.

Try it that way, it looks like it will work.

·
Registered
402 Posts
It almost looks like how a M5 bracket would be on a M2 can.

Mine was tight. In fact it was so snug that when I tried to feed the wire for my plate lights around the bracket, they keep slipping out. Gave up but luckily you can't see them since the wire is black and I painted the bracket black as well.

I reckon it's a bracket issue.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did try mounting the bracket to one side of the bushing. The clamp fits well that way, but it brings the can up so high that it touches the taillight, and actually melted a small part of it. For now I have it clamped together with a little custom bracket I made so that it is secure, but sits lower to not melt the taillight. I'm thinking the clamp is from a different bike, as it measures to be an M5 exhaust and therefore definitely wouldn't be an M2 clamp. I will update when the new clamp comes on Thursday.

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
I did try mounting the bracket to one side of the bushing. The clamp fits well that way, but it brings the can up so high that it touches the taillight, and actually melted a small part of it. For now I have it clamped together with a little custom bracket I made so that it is secure, but sits lower to not melt the taillight. I'm thinking the clamp is from a different bike, as it measures to be an M5 exhaust and therefore definitely wouldn't be an M2 clamp. I will update when the new clamp comes on Thursday.
Pretty sure most of them tend to touch the tail light.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I have the melting issue and with the 10SE color kinda sucks switching to arrow reinstalling heatshield etc. this summer :/, Id watch your tail fairing and light fixture for signs of melting even with new bracket

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey i'm PCFRonin's Mate they sent me an M2 Bracket for the M5 CF Blackseries pipe i bought >.< which was WAY too small =/ then were meant to send the right one today and they sent an M2 Bracket AGAIN.... so i have to wait until tomorrow. one of the guys at the shop said the M5 Bracket has to sit lop sided he thinks has anyone had the M5 and had the issue? I'll soon find out when it does come in though....

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey i'm PCFRonin's Mate they sent me an M2 Bracket for the M5 CF Blackseries pipe i bought >.< which was WAY too small =/ then were meant to send the right one today and they sent an M2 Bracket AGAIN.... so i have to wait until tomorrow. one of the guys at the shop said the M5 Bracket has to sit lop sided he thinks has anyone had the M5 and had the issue? I'll soon find out when it does come in though....
The M5 bracket I just got did not have to be mounted lopsided, it mounts just like I have it in the first picture and fits the pipe perfect.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The M5 bracket I just got did not have to be mounted lopsided, it mounts just like I have it in the first picture and fits the pipe perfect.
Ok so they sent another bracket and its perfect if you don't mount the frame in between it..... the dealers are idiots.... my mechanics have sent them size's and everything surely its not that hard to supply the right bracket with a pipe you supply..... =/

·
Registered
957 Posts
I have the melting issue and with the 10SE color kinda sucks switching to arrow reinstalling heatshield etc. this summer :/, Id watch your tail fairing and light fixture for signs of melting even with new bracket
you shouldn't have a melting issue with that M5 in carbon, it doesn't get as hot as the metal skinned mufflers.

I could touch mine with my bare hand right after a ride and not get burnt.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts