Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced my front turn signals with proton flush mounts. I was not excited about having to cut the connectors off (thereby trashing them) the stock signals for use on the flush mounts, so I set off in search of the stock connects. Bikebandit turned up nothing, but I was able to source the connectors from a local electronics shop (they also sell online). This way your stock signals can be saved in case you need to put them back on.

Here is the info on the connector and the link.

http://shop.willyselectronics.com/b...093-1-circuit-free-hanging-socket/4,9212.html

Multi-Pin Connector: 0.093" 1 Circuit Free Hanging Socket
Item #: 61-241

Multi-Pin Socket: 1 Circuit

Specifications:

Type: Multi-Pin Connector (Molex-Type)
Pin Size: 0.093"
Maximum Connections: 1
Connector Type: Free Hanging
Quantity: Connectors -- 2
Pins -- 2
Manufacturer: Philmore

Note: Picture below is of the 0.062" size but the 0.093" look identical.

·
MacGyver / BOTM / BOTY Winner
1,253 Posts
Although, as I study that page in the link you provided, I see item #61-241 shown beneath the heading
And more description of the part appears below this heading, also listing the same item number.

Yet their small photo beneath the "Related Items" insert on the upper right of that page indicates the item is #61-201.

Is that photo mis-labeled and should say the 0.062" connector? Did you confirm that 61-241 is correct? Did you also catch this Bio, or am I halucinating? (again!)

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Although, as I study that page in the link you provided, I see item #61-241 shown beneath the heading
And more description of the part appears below this heading, also listing the same item number.

Yet their small photo beneath the "Related Items" insert on the upper right of that page indicates the item is #61-201.

Is that photo mis-labeled and should say the 0.062" connector? Did you confirm that 61-241 is correct? Did you also catch this Bio, or am I halucinating? (again!)
.093" should be correct. These are the connectors I used:
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=WM8368-ND

For wiring up my Ducati mirrors as show in this thread: Ducati GT Mirrors Installed with Watsens! - Triumph675.Net Forums

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Yes part number 61-241 is the correct part for the indicator side. Since they did not have a picture associated with that part, I used the one from the 0.062" size. It looks identical just a bit smaller diameter. The picture labeled as "related items" is the matching plug (male). This would be analogous to the plug attached to the wiring harness on the bike. I hope this is clear. I did the install last night and it worked great.

·
Registered
258 Posts
It's either rizoma or British customs that sells a plug and play kit, I cannot recall

·
BOTM Marshall
3,511 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Same here but not everyone is as skilled with the electrical stuff so it can be intimidating.

Sent from my HTC One

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.