Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing as I've driven away all Facebook friends by only ever talking about European football, and my girlfriend and personal friends now just roll their eyes when I use the word "match" instead of "game," I'm gonna try to start the same conversation here....

So who here follows football? Let's bullshit about transfer rumors, continental leagues, and anything else. (Yes, even MLS) Where are you from? Who do you support? Are you a casual weekend observer or superfan?

Has this been started before and fallen to the wayside? Maybe this thread will die a sudden death, maybe it will slowly whimper away to never be read again. Let's see.

Come On! There are loads of Western Europeans and Australians here. I'm counting on you guys.

·
Registered
36 Posts
And there are a bunch of Brazilians too... and, as you may know, we are the best footbal players in the world!! (by far)... :)

·
Banned
941 Posts
I'm thinking the Steelers will take it this year, but I'm rooting for the Packers!!! Wish I could have seen a Jets/Bears superbowl this year. =D

....just kidding. Manchester United FTW!

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'm thinking the Steelers will take it this year, but I'm rooting for the Packers!!! Wish I could have seen a Jets/Bears superbowl this year. =D

....just kidding. Manchester United FTW!
Yeah Man U! I am a casual observer but my younger brother is a big Man U fan and turned me on to them. His old roommate is a Chelsea fan and we were at the beach one afternoon and stopped in the pub to have a few beers and watch the Manu Chelsea game...always a good one!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Im a huge fan of football...im a mad Liverpool FC and Adelaide United fans (The REDS)

i have been on the LFC forums literally 24hours a day hoping to hear the news that we have finally signed Saurez...still waiting and im not confident we will sign him...AJAX (his current club) have given us till midnight England time to come up with the right bid to sign him...

I watch all of Liverpool's game and am a member of Adelaide United and go to all of their games...

and yes Australia was robbed in hosting the World Cup by bribes taken by FIFA...Qatar? seriously WTF!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All right Chris, we'll be friends.
I live and breathe LFC. Trust me, it's a total obsession. Been a radical fan since I was 16, and I'm 29 now. What got you into Liverpool specifically?

I also have been waiting every day to hear good news about Suarez. A winter transfer doesnt look like it's happening. Did you read Chelsea made an offer for Torres yesterday? Of course you did, if youre on the forums all day.

·
Registered
665 Posts
yeah he's had the medical...im in absolute shock over TORRES...ive loved that guy ever since he's joined..got a LFC top with his name, framed pictures of him in my house...it cant be happening...i hope that he changes his mind and that the Suarez signing is just the beginning of more world class signings for us to make Fernando change his mind....

I was a football fan since i was a young lad playing junior and senior football...didnt follow it for a few years...got right back into it leading up to Australia qualifying for the 2006 World Cup....Ive always had a soft spot for LFC...Its very easy for people to jump on the band wagon with Chelsea, Man U and Man C....Been watching LFC games since 06 and have only missed a few games on the Tele

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Almost two years ago, during Liverpool's "almost" season, my brother (a Manchester United follower) and I bet a shirt over the second meeting of the year. As you well remember, Liverpool thumped them 4-1 at Old Trafford. During the match, I sent my brother several reminder texts like "I already have a yellow gerrard," "I wear size small," "make sure it has authentic numbers," and shit like that.

A few weeks later, a grey long sleeve Torres shirt arrived in my mail box. And now I have just a few more hours to wait before the shirt can be given away for free, or donated to the charity stores, or thrown in the mud...

·
Registered
678 Posts
Always been a huge Liverpool fan, mainly because of my Dad's devotion to "King Kenny", his all time favorite player.
Can't stand Man U....they always came across as spoiled brats to me. Especially when Gibbs, Cantona and Beckham played together

·
Registered
143 Posts
Football/Futbal rules!

I painted my track bike as a tribute to 1991 UEFA Champions Cup Winner: Red Star Belgrade. I just bought D675 and would like to do another tribute but to another club. I am thinking Fulham or Wigan

There are two teams in the Premier League with a curse in their name:

1. ARSEnal
2. Fucking Man United

Joking aside, Vidic is awesome.

Forza Inter!

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Football/Futbal rules!

I painted my track bike as a tribute to 1991 UEFA Champions Cup Winner: Red Star Belgrade. I just bought D675 and would like to do another tribute but to another club. I am thinking Fulham or Wigan

There are two teams in the Premier League with a curse in their name:

1. ARSEnal
2. Fucking Man United

Joking aside, Vidic is awesome.

Forza Inter!
Hey Falco, what inspired the bike? Coupled with the Vidic comment, I'm going to guess you have family from Serbia?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey Falco, what inspired the bike? Coupled with the Vidic comment, I'm going to guess you have family from Serbia?
Yes, I grew up in Belgrade, it was more like homeage to Red Star. Now with the Daytona I have to do something similar but PLC oriented.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Torres and Luiz to Chelsea. Pretty shcked about that. I am a huge football fan and rarely get to talk about it in my part of Norcal.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, I grew up in Belgrade, it was more like homeage to Red Star. Now with the Daytona I have to do something similar but PLC oriented.
I'll see your tribute bike, and raise you a Liverpool tattoo. haha

ps. Vidic is by far my least favorite person in all of world football.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Torres and Luiz to Chelsea. Pretty shcked about that. I am a huge football fan and rarely get to talk about it in my part of Norcal.
I'm even more shocked about the 35 million pounds Liverpool (possibly wasted) on Andy Carroll. Saw this afternoon on a transfer highlight show he's now the 8th most expensive player in history. It's only been a few hours, and we've yet to see him in a red shirt, but I'm probably calling bullshit on that amount of money.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'm even more shocked about the 35 million pounds Liverpool (possibly wasted) on Andy Carroll. Saw this afternoon on a transfer highlight show he's now the 8th most expensive player in history. It's only been a few hours, and we've yet to see him in a red shirt, but I'm probably calling bullshit on that amount of money.
King Kenny knows what he's doing..have faith....and in the summer i think we will pick up some more world class players and get back into the top 4....and i reckon in the next 3 years we could have a premier league title again...

im happy we have Carroll..i think he will be huge for us...unbelievable last day for transfers...i was up all night on the LFC.tv forums and sky sports transfer news..haha...love it

I felt physically sick today once it was official Nando had left us...he could have been a legend with us..now he will is nothing...just another player at Chelsea

·
Registered
178 Posts
Manchester United FTW!

:flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff:

shit football, best fans

·
Registered
665 Posts
beautiful win by LFC this am against Stoke..so happy:thumbup:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
beautiful win by LFC this am against Stoke..so happy:thumbup:
I'm having an un-superbowl party this sunday, and having folks over for breakfast to watch the LFC/Chelsea match. It starts at 9am in my time zone. My girl invited a few coworkers and I asked her to only invite people I know so her friends don't think I'm an asshole if I end up in a bad mood. haha

1 - 20 of 27 Posts