Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked it up this morning, felt so good to be riding my own one :cool2:

Bit disappointed that the rear seat cowl had arrived but nobody had looked at it before fitting so didn't notice the big scratch it had. That and the fact that my Arrow slip-ons, belly pan and headlight cowl STILL haven't arrived didn't dampen my spirits too much, they'll get here soon.

The dealer did fit my R&G tail tidy and my tiny (but super bright) smoked rear blinkers which look sweet!

I have ordered some eBay leavers and Rizoma mirror knock offs so it looks like they'll get here at the same time as the rest of bits now, it will look bling soon!

The only other thing I want to get ASAP is some black Renthal Fatbars and the Rizoma black billet bars riders/adapters.

Can I officially be in the club now? :rofl:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm at work at the moment and it's painful, just want to ride!

I'll get a pic of the tail tidy, none of the other accessories are fitted yet so the rest is bone stock.

The dealer did say that they fitted Bridgestone Battleaxe tyres too it as the Dunlop qualifiers supplied were the Japanese ones and rubbish (as opposed to the Euro ones which are apparently good?).

Sounds fishy to me but meh, if they're rubbish I'll change them in due course.

·
Registered
36 Posts
ENJOY! Mods will have greater impact when added later as oppssed to picking bike up with them already on.:thumbup: You want to talk about "painful" try the thought of having to wait another 2 months for the snow to melt:verysad:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ENJOY! Mods will have greater impact when added later as oppssed to picking bike up with them already on.:thumbup: You want to talk about "painful" try the thought of having to wait another 2 months for the snow to melt:verysad:
Well, you got me there :laugh: Although it is frickin' hot here still.

And you're right about adding the mods after initial pick-up, a couple of weeks in enough to get to see the difference.

Man those standard levers and steel bars look cheap though!:rofl:

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
+1. There's 6 feet of snow banks lining the streets in every direction in my town. Middle to end of March before I'll be back in the saddle. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Can I officially be in the club now? :rofl:
Mate, if you can pick up a Street Triple you can be in any club you want!:biggrinjester:

BTW, the story I heard about the Dunlop Qualifiers was that the ones we get here in Oz are ex-USA factory, and not as good as the French factory built ones.

Don't sweat it, the Bridgies are pretty good.

regards,CrazyCam

·
Registered
43 Posts
awesome Moto.
Your dealership is correct regarding the stock dunlop rubber - Dunlop sportmax.
OEM tyres always are crappier than the same model that you can buy from your local tyre retailer.
I have the dunlops and they arent very confidence inspiring. Just bought a set of 2nd hand Ntecs, will be giving them a run very soon.
Guessing they put BT016's on yours?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I hear you about the accessories, I picked up my bike and waited for about 3 weeks for my seat cowl and screen. But it's all good, least you can ride.

I agree with everyone about the Dunlop Qualifiers, I am finding them a little squirmy on cornering and move a little too much in the wet, having said that I have spoken to a few blokes who say that the factory standard tire pressures are too high which might explain it, so I'm gonna let a few pounds out and see how it goes.

Gratz on the new ride. post some pics

Cheers
Rob.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, all excited I left work early so I can for a decent ride. I could feel the engine loosening up and getting smoother with every Km I did. I rode out to Morpeth and was making my way back when 'it' happened :tissue:

Rolling in gear and off throttle towards a roundabout the bike cut out. After I pulled over attempts were made to restart her.....to no avail.

She has been toward back to the dealer. My girlfriend had to do a round trip of 60Km to come and pick me up. My bike never evn made it my house and has shit itself with a grand total of 102Km on the clock.

I'll start a separate thread about the problem to see if t sounds like one of the common ones or not.

Time for a drink I think, it's not like I'm getting up early in the morning to go ride my new bike or anything :rofl:

Cheers for all the good comments about my shitter, whoops, I mean bike! :laugh:

By the way the tyres fitted were BT016 so I was quite pleased with that. It's always helpful having good rubber o your rims when you're bike can't get home from the dealership :rofl2:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Her final resting place..RIP :rofl:

You can make out the tail tidy and the little blinkers, pic was taken on my phone though whilst waiting around in the sweltering heat.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Cancel the mirrors, they are utter crap. I threw them away after 1 broke while installing.

Gonna pick up some real rizoma's tomorrow.

But your bike looks great, enjoy it and ride it a lot

Edit:

Just read that your bike is already broken, that sucks.
Be sure to let them check the RR, it might not be the alternator as the RR is a common issue.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bike mate but no worries as its the RR for sure. A very bad design and the extreme heat Down Under now has toasted it.

The new design has it facing outwards towards the rear wheel and will be cool to the touch when running. My old one would melt your fingertips and the dealer said it measured 220 degrees.

Anyway - welcome aboard and enjoy your bike.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.