Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its finnaly all sorted! got my bike transported down from QLD last week to melbourne where i live, then got her to the shop for the RWC, 6k service and two brand new metzeler M5's later (ide like to think im stoner but at the end of the day i do alot of commute riding and short city stuff, so a bit less sticky and a little more wear is a smart thing me thinks). and this morning i went to vicroads (DMV) pay my reg and taxes and im a grand poorer and have my plates. i love the thing so much, i even proclaimed that love out loud and rubbed the tank when i picked her up from the workshop. its the best feeling to actually have your dream bike! anyway here is the pic, only mods are the arrow rearsets and powershifter (damn the shifter is cool)

Attachments

·
Registered
769 Posts
Sweet :thumbup: Congrats.

·
Banned
365 Posts
Congrats m8. If you got a garage you probably spent the night with her eh.
Might cya rnd town :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Are you guys multiplying due to the heat or something? :laugh: Welcome, I'm just jealous of your summer weather.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys, yeah it would be great to catch up with any other members from melbourne. i have spent many hours just looking at her in the garage!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Congrats, yeh there are heaps of us here in Melb... no one seems to want to catchup tho... oh well looksl ike im off to ride with the Gixxers again.... ;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Its finnaly all sorted! got my bike transported down from QLD last week to melbourne where i live, then got her to the shop for the RWC, 6k service and two brand new metzeler M5's later (ide like to think im stoner but at the end of the day i do alot of commute riding and short city stuff, so a bit less sticky and a little more wear is a smart thing me thinks). and this morning i went to vicroads (DMV) pay my reg and taxes and im a grand poorer and have my plates. i love the thing so much, i even proclaimed that love out loud and rubbed the tank when i picked her up from the workshop. its the best feeling to actually have your dream bike! anyway here is the pic, only mods are the arrow rearsets and powershifter (damn the shifter is cool)
NICE you will have a lot of fun getting to know your new bike .

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats, yeh there are heaps of us here in Melb... no one seems to want to catchup tho... oh well looksl ike im off to ride with the Gixxers again.... ;)
cool as, well ill be up for a ride if im free. 6 months of the year i work offshore on a ship but whenever im home im down for a ride.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome melbbiker

Your story is similar to mine. '08 bought from QLD into vic a week or so ago. The waiting. The raping by Vicroads! The sleeping out in the garage.......well....almost! I find myself just standing there staring at it from all angles. It's love mate

We are certainly breeding like rabbits here in Melbourne :laugh:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome melbbiker

Your story is similar to mine. '08 bought from QLD into vic a week or so ago. The waiting. The raping by Vicroads! The sleeping out in the garage.......well....almost! I find myself just standing there staring at it from all angles. It's love mate

We are certainly breeding like rabbits here in Melbourne :laugh:
haha sweet, yeah the vicroads crap almost takes the shine off, if i could have found one in melb it would have saved so much hassel but i have it and love it so dont wanna think about it costing me about as much a one new off the floor! lol it is the se tho and cant get them anymore in aus at least. where in melbs are you? im in port melb while i build a place in point cook

·
Registered
165 Posts
How much did the registration transfer set you back? I am thinking of buying a D675 from interstate but I cant seem to get a good idea of the costs involved and what I actually have to do!

·
Banned
365 Posts
Dont understand why you seem focused on getting it interstate. Mos't Triumph dealers have enough connections to find out for example: that there is a red 09 so many km, or what your looking for.
It's in their interest to locate you a bike.
Otherwise just goto Biksales.com.au

I can see a black 2010 with only 5k for a decent price in NSW...

·
Registered
429 Posts
haha sweet, yeah the vicroads crap almost takes the shine off, if i could have found one in melb it would have saved so much hassel but i have it and love it so dont wanna think about it costing me about as much a one new off the floor! lol it is the se tho and cant get them anymore in aus at least. where in melbs are you? im in port melb while i build a place in point cook
I've seen a few other SE's around Melb recently. I'm in East StKilda. I see one in StKilda around Fitzroy st a fair bit.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How much did the registration transfer set you back? I am thinking of buying a D675 from interstate but I cant seem to get a good idea of the costs involved and what I actually have to do!
well it will need rwc $100, rego, whatever your state reg costs, vic is about 550. cost 450 to transport from qld to melb. tax on the purchase which is about 4% in vic i assume the same elsewhere. ah be prepared to replace tires etc cos you never know. i wasnt expecting the tires to be cactus by 5700km but they were run at low pressure so were not rwc. i was lucky the owner took the price of tires off of purchase price.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've seen a few other SE's around Melb recently. I'm in East StKilda. I see one in StKilda around Fitzroy st a fair bit.
hey juz, well im in port melb and have done one or two trips down to st kilda since i got it last week. what have you got?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Are you guys multiplying due to the heat or something? :laugh: Welcome, I'm just jealous of your summer weather.
:laugh::laugh::laugh: WTF man, how do you think those things??? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts