Triumph 675 Forums banner

Feeling accomplished this year, thought I'd share

3K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  kracken 
#1 ·
I do some club racing with an organization called MotoSeries. We race at tracks in Ohio, Indiana, Pennsylvania, and sometimes Michigan. Last year was my first full year of racing, and I took 3rd overall in the Novice 600 Sprint class. I also race a Mini Endurance class (20 laps vs. 10 in the sprints) and took 4th overall in that class. There's not as many people that run the endurance, so you are either lightweight (250's, SV's, etc.) or heavyweight (600, 1000, 848, etc)

This year I got bumped and ran the Expert 600 class and heavyweight Mini Endurance. I didn't have very high hopes going into the season, but as the year went on I was doing better, some podiums here and there, and consistently in the top 5. After seasons end, I wound up 3rd overall in the Expert 600 Sprints. The Endurance class went well too, a few wins, several podiums, and came out the season champion for that. Couldn't be more happy with how the year went. Sad its over and looking forward to next year. Time for some upgrades to the bike over the winter to try and squeeze out a few more tenths from the lap times.

Who else did good on the 675 in some club racing this year?

My hardware:

See less See more
#6 ·
Just got my race lic so should be good for next year. I did a mock race this season and it was the most fun I had on the bike in a long time and I dropped another 3 seconds off my lap time just because I felt like I needed to haul ass.

Congrats on the season! Cant wait to join you guys out there.

#7 ·
Just got my race lic so should be good for next year. I did a mock race this season and it was the most fun I had on the bike in a long time and I dropped another 3 seconds off my lap time just because I felt like I needed to haul ass.

#9 ·

I had reached a plateau just doing track days and didn't think I would ever be a racer or get much faster. Then I tried racing for the heck of it and lap times started dropping again. When the adrenaline is pumping and you're chasing that bike in front of you, you tend to forget all about how fast you're going. Next thing you know you just set your quickest laptimes ever. Racing is so much fun and such an adrenaline rush. Not much beats the thrill of the green flag dropping and 20+ bikes diving into turn 1. :grin:

#11 ·
I did alright. Got a few top tens and would have had more maybe but my starts are terrible and I had several mechanical issues at the end of the season. Not too bad though I finished 13 and 14 in two super bike classes. The super sport classes are retardedly huge and six to eight laps isn't enough to go from 40 to10 but I usually wound up somewhere around twentieth.

oh squiggly line how I doth love how you make my tripple howl

#15 ·
My buddy is signing me up for the CMRA class in February. I understand that I would be running in that huge group for super stock. Sounds a bit scary actually - so many opportunities for someone else to take you out!

Another friend suggested endurance racing or heavyweight as better divisions.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#18 ·
This was my first year racing and was filled with some ups and downs.

The first round was really cold this year and durring morning practice it was snowing and all I could think was this is F'ing nuts as I was going around the track. Well later that day I gridded up on the last row for my first ever official race, once that green flag dropped all of the nerves and anxiety went away and the only thought going through my head was get by that guy ahead of you. I was able to pick my way through the field and finish 4th. I was now hooked on racing! Finished the weekend with a 6th and a DNF due to clutch issue.

I missed the june and july races due to a highside at a trackday where I dislocated my shoulder.

I could not make it to the sept. weekend so I finished my season in Aug. with 6 7th place finishes and a 9th. I was able run with the top 5 but didn't have the stamina for the whole race.

Can't wait for next year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.