Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone bought a Street Triple that came without TPMS installed and then had the dealership do it afterwards? Seems like the parts are around $250 but I'm wondering what they'd charge for the physical install. I know the computer needs to have a tool plugged into it for the TPMS system to be activated as well, and this same tool turns off the "service" light. Are any of these tools in circulation amongst non-Triumph dealers?

·
Registered
253 Posts
The 'physical install' is de-rimming the tires and replacing the valve stems with the TPMS units. Shouldn't cost much more than a normal tire change. No special skill is required and it's something you could do yourself if you know how to derim/remount tires.

TuneECU, the bluetooth version, not the cable version, will turn on TPMS and turn off/set service intervals. Going from memory but I think I paid $30 for the transmitter and $14 for TuneECU.

At least it could/did on my 765 Daytona. Don't think other Triumphs would be different.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know. I accidentally turned mine on with TuneECU though I didn't have the sensors so got a low pressure warning until I turned it back off.
yup that tracks with what I’ve read. The sensors themselves have to be paired to the OBC, so You enabled the OBC to monitor the TPMS system but there wasn’t a way to pair the sensors even if you had them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts