Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks

First time poster but I've been lurking unregistered for the past year, absorbing all the apparently necessary D675 ownership tips and tricks - yet I haven't been able to diagnose my EXUP issue so I'm appealing for any and all help!

In short, the bike (2014 D675) was very hesitant to rev past 6-7k range whilst in neutral, irrespective of whether the bike was in motion or not. Put the bike in gear, clutch in or out and it's absolutely fine. The first suggestion by any and all forums is to rip out the EXUP functionality by using a servo eliminator. Needless to say, this resolved the issue; but it left me with an obnoxiously loud exhaust; and a noticeable lack of torque in the lower revs.

So, I set about replacing the original servo with a second-hand unit from eBay, assuming that the servo must have been at fault given that the servo eliminator solved the problem.... not so fast says Mr Triumph, this would be too logical for one of our bikes!

Having replaced the servo, I'm now back at the original issue that the bike will not rev past 6-7k RPM; or does so very reluctantly, to the point that it almost stalls; and of course, we have an EML.

The valve is freely rotating as commanded by the servo so it is unrelated to the physical valve (a common problem I know!). I've tried two different servo's and cable sets but still no luck.

I've read that the servo reads values from many different variables including speed, revs, gear position etc before making any decisions - my best guess is that one of these input sensors may be sending an incorrect reading/signal... thoughts/advice/help??

Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
Those exhaust cables only go a certain way. You may have put them on the other way around. Best thing is to get the a code reader.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the thoughts and suggestions, a small update…

It appears as though the new servo had indeed fixed the issue, but it was disguised by the persistent EML. Which I now recall only disappears after three heat cycles without the fault being present. This was compounded by my misunderstanding of what constitutes a heat cycle and my attempts to speed up the process by shortcutting a full heat cycle - lesson learnt, never take shortcuts!

In short, the servo was at fault, replacing it with a second hand unit and heat cycling the bike 3 times solved the issue. Note that issues may persist until the DTC expires as they did in this instance. The 2013 > service manual is also a great help for understanding the EXUP logic as the servo on the MK2 differs from the MK1 (credits to STU675 at 675.CC for this) - https://675.cc/threads/workshop-manual.24878/

Cheers
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top