Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all :)

This is my first question in here -I've tried to look up the answer, but no luck.

I'm thinking about getting me the original race cams for my '06 d675, wich I only use for trackdays/club racing

I've had it for 3 years now and been racing MANY miles on it (Kilometers, as we say in Denmark. ) and done many mods on it allso.
-in fact, there is allmost only the race cams left to do.. ..but before I throw a lot of money after the new cams, I'd like to know how many (B)hp extra I can expect on the wheel ??

anybody got them allready ? ..or know it for at fact ?

best regards Alex

·
Registered
3,174 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, I understood that they are a kit, along with the valve springs aso.

I've got the air intakes, performance filter. -got det Triumph race valves with higher compression and the cyliderhead is allso ported + new valveseats.

but at the time i did all that, I had to stop due to the costs of the rest of the parts and the coming race season.

I', not planning to fit the thinner cylinderhead gasket, because I'd like the ingine to last longer :-D

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I have all of the 06-08 race kit parts and a full LeoVince system for sale, if interested :)

But yes, retail, it's a very expensive way to increase power. Most of that stuff is hand made, or very short production run stuff.

Building a 2010 motor for this season.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the offer, but I allready have the leo vince full system mounted. :)

..but still, how much did you increase the HP on your bike with the race cams ?

:-D

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I have no idea, all of the race stuff is meant to work together. I purchased the bike and spare engines/parts all at once. A shop in Canada set it up for the previous team.

Mine dynoed at 120 with very little map work (DynoJet, little over sea level). I'm sure it could have done more with a little more map time, but I was just trying to kill a dead spot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts