Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Well i have some how ended up with a nice big dent on the underside of my Titanium Micron and am looking at getting it repaired.
Anyone know of any places in Oz, preferably sydney but i can ship elsewhere who do this kind of work. I may look at getting it shortened slightly while im at it.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you talking about a dent in the can?
Ever thought about DIY exhaust shortening?
Check this out.
DIY - Stubby your Exhaust. Not 56K Friendly. - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Hey DecepticonDon,
yeah i meant a dent in the can, and that DIY write up is pretty dam awesome.
I reckon i may have a look ad doing something like that, depends on if i can get the dent out though as it is in the middle of the can and i would only shorten it by about 3 or 4 inches to get the look i want.
Thanks for the link.:thumbup:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Im just curious how you got a dent there? Rock?

Havent seen you floating around the M7 lately.... ive been working some odd hours tho lol

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have no idea how the dent got there JayP, i havent been on the M7 much lately as i got sick of paying the toll do im going to the back roads now

·
Registered
34 Posts
That freezer method is crazy..... can't believe it pusses the dent out instead of just clibing up the pipe. Now that I think about it, maybe it's because the exposed end of the water freeze first.....

Either way, Thanks for the post Qweesy

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the post qweesy, i had seen that method but am pretty sure it wont work for the can. If i ever dent a header however :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok so i have contacted Micron USA and they are unable to supply me with a new sleeve for the exhaust can as this was made by Micron UK who no longer exist.
They also are unable to supply a new retaining band as they only sell whole kits. Does anyone know of another brand that has a very similar dimension to the one shown below. The picture says it all as to why i want to change this.
The Micron is 10.4 cm high and 13.5 wide approx

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts