Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm trying to throw some parts and money at my 2012 rather than trading in or up to a new bike. Looking at putting a low mount exhaust on to clean up the rear end but they are getting harder to find. Has anyone taken a system off a 2013+ and put it on the older street triple? Looks like for some brands it would be pretty easy to fabricobble something together. If this has been covered I apologize, haven't done much research in the parts department in quite some time.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
To easy on your bike, as you have the round port head, and there is LOADS of full systems on Ebay..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unfortunately there isn't much out there. If you can find a used full arrow system you would very lucky. Most your going to find is slip on from Leo vinces or competition werkes. I have read of someone getting titanium headers from bodis on the forums. Other than that I don't know. I've been looking for 2 years for an option of weight reduction with performance gains, or atleast no performance lost and I haven't seen squat. stock exhaust notes when hitting 8k rpms always cheers me up.

·
Registered
144 Posts
There's always Hindle. You can get full systems as long as you don't have a first gen Daytona. I think woodcraft is the importer if your south of the border.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Like mentioned the only real full system available for the '12 is the Arrow but its hard to find. I ended up getting my stock headers de-catted through MJS and run a Werkes low slip-on. That with a BMC filter and dyno tune I made 100rwhp and 57ft-lbs of torque. Stock was 88rwhp and 50ft-lbs (Upstate NY). As far as using a '13+ exhaust you will run into issues with swingarm clearance (the '12 and older triples have a wider swingarm to allow the stock under-tail exhaust to pass through it). Factory exhaust mount on the '13+ is integrated into the rearset and hits the swingarm, oil sump is different, exhaust offset is different (would need custom mid pipe) and the header has oval ports vs round.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts