Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i'm thinking about having a buddy of mine, who owns a performance car shop, make a custom exhaust for my 06 D675. My question is, what is the inside diameter of the headers and mid pipe of say a arrow or remus system? thanks for the info guys

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Unless you are going to make all the other mods necessary to properly get the best out of an Arrow then I wouldn't copy the dimensions. I would suggets you go 1mm bigger on standard bore headers and 50mm on the rest of the pipe with the headers being 5 - 10mm longer to the collector box.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You could just use stock head pipes and get a collector from cone eng. and cut out exhuast valve and cat and buy just the tail pipe slip on.

I just finished mine. The collector is 2.0 coned out to 2.15 and ran out to the silencer. I made it, so I can change out the cones and play around with a changing the tapers . My buddy owns a dyno huge plus!!

I used a map off TUNE ECU and it runs good but a trip to the dyno room is required to check if all is good through rev range under a load.

Here's a picture of what I done.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice! that looks good! Will I still get the performance gains of a full exhaust if i still use the stock headers? Do I need to drill a hole for the o2 sensor or can I leave it out? thanks for all the help here guys!

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you want big gains you got to have a deep pocket.

You should get a gain not sure what it will be yet,Ill know this saterday after I run it and make the adjustments.

I turned off my O2 sensors for now ,but plan on cutting one in just to play around with it. My bike will be for track use only.

The earlier 675's (06-08) seem to easier to make the head pipe because the exhuast ports are round in the head, the later 675's (09-11) have a D shape exhaust port so getting the pipe connected to the EX. port is to have something machined out to fit the pipes to.

Unless you are looking for peak HP then the head pipes should be good for all around use on the street.If you do go with big head pipes you lose some low end power that makes the bike fun on the street.
And no-one can see them anyway they are covered by the faring so you loose the cool factor.

You have to download the program from Tune ecu (Free) and get a cable ( 15.-30. bucks) and get a free download to open a HEX. file so you can see what is going on with the bike as far as errors and maps its a must and worth every penny if your going to play with making mods to the bike.
Think of it as a tool! It the cheapest tool I've bought in a long time that works great.

Man your lucky if your buddy is willing to make them and has a tubing bender on hand. i had to kind of guess the bends and order and get extra incase i screwed up. but it worked out.

Here is a couple pic's of what is clogging you pipe right now.:nod:

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the info! I think I may just stay with stock header and delete the cat and exhaust valve. Let me know what your bike does on Saturday! And yes, my buddy has a full machine shop so he'd be able to Fab up the pieces pretty easily. Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts