Triumph 675 Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well.. I had the dyno run today. These are rear wheel numbers. 2008 Daytona 675

• Red line is with Arrow slip-on and TOR Tune

• Blue Line is with Arrow slip-on with removed cat and exup from stock headers with Arrow system tune 20421.

I am a little satisfied as it seems to have gained a little here and there, without losing anywhere. I was hoping for something better though.

I will do an other dyno run with a custom map in a few days. I hope that it will be even better.

What do you think of the results?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Hey man, that is impressive. With a good tune you will probably see another 3 or 4 and it will be a smooth curve. There's still some room up top for a little more ingition timing too...you should download the 90001 race tune and use its timing curve. It's been proven on a dyno 2+ whp.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
We spent yesterday on the dyno with a race tuned 675R testing a few extra mods.
First run was a base run.
Second run we tweaked a few things and gained 2bhp nearly everywhere.
Third run we went back to same settings as the first run and got exactly the same power results as the second run.
However we where still 3hp missing at the top end from a best run done the week before with the same settings.
The reason behind the differences where the fact the temp inside the engine was getting better, you really can only get full power results when the oil temp is 90 degrees, and the fact the temp/humidity in the dyno room was changing.

Foot note, the bike water temp was at the same level for all runs. First run we had 50 degrees oil temp, second and third runs we had 90.

So what I'm saying is a dyno should only really be used to set a bike up. There are so many things that can alter the final figures and make you happy or sad.
The bike is a full supersports spec 675R, the dyno operator works for some of the top teams in the UK and does dev work for companies like Motec.
The small gains we are looking for like 1 or 2bhp are big figures when an engine is as highly tuned as this.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hey man, that is impressive. With a good tune you will probably see another 3 or 4 and it will be a smooth curve. There's still some room up top for a little more ingition timing too...you should download the 90001 race tune and use its timing curve. It's been proven on a dyno 2+ whp.
I really hope so! Not that it matters very much, but I would really want to see something above 110rwhp with some tweeks. Next 2 dynos will be with BMC Race filter instead of my K&N. The first with Arrow tune and the second with the custom tune.

We spent yesterday on the dyno with a race tuned 675R testing a few extra mods.

So what I'm saying is a dyno should only really be used to set a bike up. There are so many things that can alter the final figures and make you happy or sad.
The bike is a full supersports spec 675R, the dyno operator works for some of the top teams in the UK and does dev work for companies like Motec.
The small gains we are looking for like 1 or 2bhp are big figures when an engine is as highly tuned as this.
What do you think ofmy results though? You have probably seen many 675 dynos. Are me 107rwhp normal for my mods? I have heard that the Fuchs Dynometers are a little "strict". Are they? (compared to dynojet)

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Just posted in another thread but is someone here able to convert Tuneboy tunes into useable TunECU tunes?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I have a question. When removing the exup did you guys install resistor on the cables? If yes can you tell me which wires were used?

thanks

edit.. I have an 08 daytona
Waste of time. You can, but its a lot easier to just disable it in tuneecu, which is free minus the cable. You can get the cable cheap on ebay or amazon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a question. I removed the baffle on my arrow slip on. It's got the arrow map w 95 RON. I have a 2011 daytona. On open highway I feel it's got more power and torque. In the streets it feels a little sluggish. Any thoughts? I've also got a k&n filter on it. Would it help if I got a BMC one? Also I haven't disabled the exhaust valve. I could do that but I'm wondering if I will make it worse.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I have a question. I removed the baffle on my arrow slip on. It's got the arrow map w 95 RON. I have a 2011 daytona. On open highway I feel it's got more power and torque. In the streets it feels a little sluggish. Any thoughts? I've also got a k&n filter on it. Would it help if I got a BMC one? Also I haven't disabled the exhaust valve. I could do that but I'm wondering if I will make it worse.
The arrow map is for the full arrow exhaust with no exup, so yes you are running very rich and it will feel sluggish. I'd try the TOR tune. No off the shelf tune is going to be perfect every bike is different.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maybe you should pm SIW for that. If you have a Tuneboy, i think you will get what you want.

If i manage to upload to my bike a good custom map, I will certainly share it with you.
Mine was choppy when I first loaded the ARrow Tune and after a weekend of tweaking the fuel down low I have had no idle issues. Fixed that and somewhat smoothed out the flat spot around 5k.
I need that wonderful map I’ve read about. I still have a flat spot at 5k. I also removed the o2. Will it be able to learn and smoothen it out without the cat? Thx.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts