Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day my check engine light came on so I plugged the TuneBoy in to see what the problem is. The error code is "P0113 - Intake air temp sensor open circuit or short to battery"

Anyone had this error? I'll be calling the dealership in the morning to schedule a time to bring it in. Any doubts it will be OK to ride it down there as is?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
tehfastar said:
The other day my check engine light came on so I plugged the TuneBoy in to see what the problem is. The error code is "P0113 - Intake air temp sensor open circuit or short to battery"

Anyone had this error? I'll be calling the dealership in the morning to schedule a time to bring it in. Any doubts it will be OK to ride it down there as is?

Thanks!
'

I've got the same problem and is waiting for a new sensor from Triumph (guarantee issue)...

The sensor is mounted in the air intake behind the air filter on top of the air box. You can easily find it with the gas tank dismounted, it is just behind the right of the ECU-connectors.

You may want to measure the connectors, there should be a resistance variable with the temperature between the connectors. Mine have no contact at all, so ,according to Tuneboy, my ECU believes is constant -20 degrees celcius outside :roll:

Consequences - Your bike is getting additional fuel to compensate for the "cold weather". This is no danger at all to the engine (will sometimes run slightly rich), and it is not running in any "safety map" condition. My mech and I hace agreed that I can drive my bike while the parts are on their way during full guarantee. Futher more, the bike will never get into "closed loop" on idle because of "o2 fault code" (can be spotted running TuneEdit).

·
Registered
169 Posts
+1 ^^

I have been assured that there are no problems riding the bike with this fault. I am not bothering to repair mine as goes back to the dealer at the end of the month anyway.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Don't have Tuneboy but the dealer cleaned the sensor and cleared the error, the fault came back within 50 miles.

I would say you will experience the same problem, I would just ring your dealership and get them to order the part under warranty.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Flopper said:
Don't have Tuneboy but the dealer cleaned the sensor and cleared the error, the fault came back within 50 miles.

I would say you will experience the same problem, I would just ring your dealership and get them to order the part under warranty.
Ok, we'll see. I still blame it on water that went trough the ram-air channel...

·
Registered
693 Posts
I know this is an old topic, but my '07 recently threw this code.

I cleared it, and now several days of riding later, it hasn't thrown it again...

how much was the sensor?

·
Registered
972 Posts
I know this is an old topic, but my '07 recently threw this code.

I cleared it, and now several days of riding later, it hasn't thrown it again...

how much was the sensor?
Should be covered under warranty so it will be no cost to you.

I had this error come up just before my 10,000km service so I told the mech to check it. He ordered a new sensor under warranty. I haven't replaced the sensor yet because I haven't been back to the dealership since the service. That was 3,700kms and 1 track day ago and the bike is running fine, if a little rich. Next time I travel the 200kms to Bathurst, where the dealership is, I will get them to replace it as it's only a 10 minute job.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Should be covered under warranty so it will be no cost to you.

I had this error come up just before my 10,000km service so I told the mech to check it. He ordered a new sensor under warranty. I haven't replaced the sensor yet because I haven't been back to the dealership since the service. That was 3,700kms and 1 track day ago and the bike is running fine, if a little rich. Next time I travel the 200kms to Bathurst, where the dealership is, I will get them to replace it as it's only a 10 minute job.
went by the dealer (where I didn't buy my bike...) and they had to schedule me for the 21st! to even look at it, and order the part.

funny enough, at 5k feet + above sea level...the check engine light shuts off....hahaha

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks!
I have the same issue I bought a new sensor straight from triumph and my code is still there when I clear it well it comes back did you got your fix?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts