Triumph 675 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Started on the design and thought I could sneak it in this week. Then the waterjet broke again. I do have the plates drawn out so I just need to cut a sample and make sure it will clear the clutch cover.

·
Registered
7,855 Posts
Started on the design and thought I could sneak it in this week. Then the waterjet broke again. I do have the plates drawn out so I just need to cut a sample and make sure it will clear the clutch cover.
I've got my engine out on the bench if we need to test-fit. Happy to cover freight both ways if it needs further tweaking.

·
Registered
521 Posts
OK, I had some time to check fitment. Hole spacing was a little off so I just drilled bigger and bigger until I could fit and get a better measurement.

Design comments are welcome. My initial goal here was to get a rough idea of clearance around the clutch cover. I will probably extend the legs a bit longer but needed something to go off of. My idea is there could be different setups for the stand. If you wanted just the uprights you could get those and use angle iron for the legs and bolt it to a table. You could even bolt the uprights directly to a block of wood. I can make legs and cross braces as well. Just depends what the end user wants. I don't use an engine stand often so when it's not in use, I prefer to be able to collapse it and slide it out of the way. It is sitting under its own weight in the photos. The strap is there as a backup cause no one wants a broken motor on a test fit!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
OK, I had some time to check fitment. Hole spacing was a little off so I just drilled bigger and bigger until I could fit and get a better measurement.

Design comments are welcome. My initial goal here was to get a rough idea of clearance around the clutch cover. I will probably extend the legs a bit longer but needed something to go off of. My idea is there could be different setups for the stand. If you wanted just the uprights you could get those and use angle iron for the legs and bolt it to a table. You could even bolt the uprights directly to a block of wood. I can make legs and cross braces as well. Just depends what the end user wants. I don't use an engine stand often so when it's not in use, I prefer to be able to collapse it and slide it out of the way. It is sitting under its own weight in the photos. The strap is there as a backup cause no one wants a broken motor on a test fit!

I'm digging it. I like how you designed it to be scaleable to the individual's needs / use.

Personally, I'll want mine with slightly longer legs and cross braces while keeping the ability to unbolt and store the whole thing.

Awesome work, Nathan!!!

·
Registered
7,855 Posts
That looks awesome. I'd also want long legs and cross braces. I have no shortage of storage space so being able to tear it down is nice but not necessary.

·
Registered
521 Posts
OK, new rev is drawn and posted to the waterjet. Of course it's broken again, so hopefully in a day or two I can get it cut. For a machine that is only 7 years old, it breaks a lot.

·
Registered
7,855 Posts
OK, new rev is drawn and posted to the waterjet. Of course it's broken again, so hopefully in a day or two I can get it cut. For a machine that is only 7 years old, it breaks a lot.
Sweet. That will include stands for us? What are you thinking for cost?

·
Registered
521 Posts
ok, back again with round two. Sorry it took longer than expected. We are crazy busy at the moment and I wanted to do things up right on this.

The legs are longer by 2" and the holes are in the right spot for the motor mounts so no extra drilling. The cross braces have a shoulder that plugs into the sides and then bolts tight. The bolts that hold the sides to the legs have threaded inserts for a cleaner look. It's about 9" wide and very stable. Could use a few spacers in back with the engine bolts but overall I would say this is good to go!

Pricewise I was thinking $110 shipped. Stand would also be powdercoated. Warranty would be if anything on the stand breaks or strips I'll send you a replacement part.

·
Registered
7,855 Posts
Couldn't be happier with how this turned out. It's got me spoiled though, I don't think I'll ever be able to adjust valve clearances with the frame in the way again.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I'll take some photos of the stand as well and post em but Thatkid is the man! Just another example of the Triumph675.net community coming together and making some awesome stuff happen.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts