Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 that needs the engine rebuilt or replaced. My preference would be to have it rebuilt since my title has the engine number on it and I would like to keep it consistent. If it's too cost prohibitive I can find a low mile engine. Any Triumph engine builders in the Southern California area that anyone can recommend?

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
I have an 07 that needs the engine rebuilt or replaced. My preference would be to have it rebuilt since my title has the engine number on it and I would like to keep it consistent. If it's too cost prohibitive I can find a low mile engine. Any Triumph engine builders in the Southern California area that anyone can recommend?
Bump...need to know this too.

You can try calling Lee's Cycles or Trackoholics and see if they rebuild motorcycle engines.

I think there's a place in National City that does it too, but not too sure. I can't remember the name of it.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Unless you can get a deal on the parts for the rebuild the price is crazy(also depends what parts you need replacing). I went through this 2 years ago when I spun a bearing. Found a complete engine with way more than I needed with 4k on it for $750. Made more than half my money back parting out the stuff I didn't need, and even kept a few parts as spares.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Unless you can get a deal on the parts for the rebuild the price is crazy(also depends what parts you need replacing). I went through this 2 years ago when I spun a bearing. Found a complete engine with way more than I needed with 4k on it for $750. Made more than half my money back parting out the stuff I didn't need, and even kept a few parts as spares.
yep, thats the money maker right there. keep what you want/need sell the rest and make most of the money back. depending on what you need to replace, if you take the time you can actualy make money off buying a used engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.