Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend I had my first trackday, which was absolutely incredible. Even though I expected it to be eye-opening to the capabilities of the bike, it still was. My friend and I are already making plans for the next one.

However, after my fifth session of the day I put the bike on the sidestand and noticed a bolt sticking a couple inches out of the left side of the bike. I pushed it back in and noticed there was no resistance and wasn't going to thread back in. Wasn't until I pulled it out did I realize what it was...

Safe to say my day was done at that point. Just glad it happened after I got off the track, otherwise if the bolt was just missing I might not have noticed immediately. I'm going to be calling the dealership later today to get a replacement.

And just a pic of the bikes in the paddock at Pittrace.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
I have seen this happen on several models from other makers but not a triumph.. do you know if the motor is the original on your bike?

if that this the lower bolt pretty sure i have one with the nut i can send you in the mail today..

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have seen this happen on several models from other makers but not a triumph.. do you know if the motor is the original on your bike?

if that this the lower bolt pretty sure i have one with the nut i can send you in the mail today..
I would imagine it is the original motor, as there was never any damage to the bike (that I knew about). But I can't say that I'm sure it is.

Yes it is the lower bolt, the one right next to the kickstand. That's very kind of you, how much do you want for the bolt?

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
I would imagine it is the original motor, as there was never any damage to the bike (that I knew about). But I can't say that I'm sure it is.

Yes it is the lower bolt, the one right next to the kickstand. That's very kind of you, how much do you want for the bolt?
how does shipping sound?

also please confirm that the (2) aluminum spacers are still present.

Pm me your name & shipping info will ship it out today.

·
Registered
862 Posts
how does shipping sound?

also please confirm that the (2) aluminum spacers are still present.

Pm me your name & shipping info will ship it out today.
jdgun, you're the man. That's why I love this forum.

OP, shame this happened but it seems like you got pretty luck and no further damage occurred. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
jdgun, you're the man. That's why I love this forum.

OP, shame this happened but it seems like you got pretty luck and no further damage occurred. Thanks for sharing.
Everyday that I am alive I try and do one thing for some random person... whether it is help someone with a bike problem, buy someone lunch, etc etc etc..
Passing it along as they say, if only we could more people doing this, it would truly make the world a better place.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
I just noticed this was missing on my bike after wiping it down. Never noticed it was missing before which makes me a little suspicious that someone removed it for parts. The only recent work I have had done was a tire change, so no reason this bolt should have been removed. The Lock nut, bolt and spacers were all missing. I find it hard to believe that I would not notice a bolt of this size backing out.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I just noticed this was missing on my bike after wiping it down. Never noticed it was missing before which makes me a little suspicious that someone removed it for parts. The only recent work I have had done was a tire change, so no reason this bolt should have been removed. The Lock nut, bolt and spacers were all missing. I find it hard to believe that I would not notice a bolt of this size backing out.
Weird. I could see how I could have missed mine if it would have slid all the way out since I was parked on a hill. But still, it is a pretty big bolt...

I should also note for the record that it was a bit of a pain to get the new bolt back in. I let the bike sit for a week or so without the bolt in until jdgun sent me one in the mail. When I went to put the new bolt in, one of the engine mounts didn't quite line up to the frame. I ended up getting creative with some ratchet straps to get them to line up.

My suggestion is to put some kind of rod (or the broken bolt for those who still have it) into place until you can get the new one in.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
I have no idea how long I have ridden the bike without it. But I got my tires changed about a month ago. I only noticed it a week ago. I rode a full week on it because I don't have an alternate vehicle. I just kept an eye on it. The engine and holes lined up perfectly when I slid a new bolt in it yesterday.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts