Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sportbike Track Gear has been carrying Engine Ice for quite some time now. All of the street bikes we own, and all of the trackday bikes we own use Engine Ice. Up until this year we weren't able to use this in any WERA or AMA races as it was not legal. Now legal to AMA racing, we can use this in some of the race bikes around the shop. Not yet WERA legal, we hope it will be so others can enjoy what engine ice can do for your motorcycle. Trackday companies such as Sportbike Track Time do allow Engine Ice to be used as coolant.

The benefits of Engine Ice are huge; it is biodegradable, phosphate free & non-toxic; while reducing operating race temperatures by as much as 50 degrees F and effectively keeping boil over temperatures to 256 degrees F or less and freeze-up protection to -27 degrees F.

While we have not yet personally seen a decrease in temperature of 50 degree's, we have seen 15-10 degrees F on our racebikes.

Engine Ice Hi-Performance Coolant is premixed with de-ionized water to protect your water cooling system from scarring, scaling and to effectively provide "prolonged optimum operating temperatures."

Please note that these come in 1/2 gallon containers, most bikes we have seen require more than a 1/2 gallon to fill their system. Please double check the amount of coolant required for your motorcycle.

If your looking to make your engine run cooler or have any questions you can visit our website, or give Jason a call a 888-784-4327 ext 210 or e-mail [email protected]

We have plenty of these on the shelves.

Already pre-mixed for ease of use.

Boil-over protection to 256 degrees F, and freeze up protection to -26 degrees F.

Qualifications

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Hmm, please PM me the price shipped to France...

I could care less about cooling properties, the colour's got me sold on this :coolgleamA:

·
Banned
365 Posts
Hmm, please PM me the price shipped to France...

I could care less about cooling properties, the colour's got me sold on this :coolgleamA:
Im sold on the blue aswell :cool:

I've gone through about 6 litres of Green all purpose walmart coolant troubleshooting my leaky rad this last few weeks and a different color (now that it's fixed) would be welcome.
I could use that extra HP, too ;P

·
Registered
315 Posts
Do I need to drain what's left of my coolant before adding this or can I add it on top of what's left?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I've used this stuff for years in all kinds of vehicles.....

yes you need to do a complete flush when switching to it

yes it needs to be changed at a minimum of once a year as it does break down and part of its job is to collect particles in the cooling system

also a side not if you dont buy it and use it RIGHT AWAY or are STORING it
1. ensure you protect the container as they are kind of thin and dont do well in high heat/humidity or really cold temps.
2. keep it out of ANY light as much as possable, I put my in paper bage then an old woolie blankit.....

another side note in fla I saw a 20degree diffrence from oem coolant to this.....

·
Registered
860 Posts
how does this stuff compare to the 7th gear that y'all offer? I called up and spoke to Andrew, and I ended up with the 7th gear.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
I've used this stuff for years in all kinds of vehicles.....

yes you need to do a complete flush when switching to it

yes it needs to be changed at a minimum of once a year as it does break down and part of its job is to collect particles in the cooling system

also a side not if you dont buy it and use it RIGHT AWAY or are STORING it
1. ensure you protect the container as they are kind of thin and dont do well in high heat/humidity or really cold temps.
2. keep it out of ANY light as much as possable, I put my in paper bage then an old woolie blankit.....

another side note in fla I saw a 20degree diffrence from oem coolant to this.....
good to know changing mine each year

1 - 10 of 10 Posts