Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to pull the trigger on an Elka 2-way shock. It is a pretty hefty price tag. I would like input on if it is worth it and how much difference it will make. I am a street rider, who like to be aggressive but not an idiot. Let me know your input on how much difference a new shock will make.

Thanks in advance :hello:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Upgrading the suspension is probably the best performance mod you can do for yourself. Most people will say that the aftermarket shocks aren't worth buying unless you are on the track, but you will obviously feel a great improvement in the type of riding you do. There are members on the forum who say that revalving the stock shock and getting a spring for your weight is a better option because it is maybe 30% of the price of a 2-way Elka and it provides a great enough improvement for people who aren't B-group or better riders.
There is also a suspension correction plate being made by a member on this forum that is supposed to make your suspension more supple and not buck you off when you hit a bump.
A great set up you could go with is spending ~$300 on the suspension plate and revalving and respringing your stock shock. It would provide a significant improvement in suspension performance.
But it is your money. Everyone wants a mansion even if they can't use the space. Not a bad thing at all. My type of riding is probably like a low-intermediate level street/canyon rider, but I decided to get an Elka 3-way even though I don't have the skill to make it "worth it". I'm happy that I got it, and that's all that matters to me :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts