Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been having problems with my 2008 Daytona 675. Got in a crash about a month ago and replaced the battery after it blew. Rode for a while good, then died all of a sudden one day while I was riding. Lights and dash went dead, bike rolled to a stop. Reg/Rec wires were exposed and probably caused the battery to overcharge. Checked all fuses, main was good, ignition one had blown so I replaced that and the dash now lights up again. Rewired the reg/rec. neutral light won’t show neither will the gear indicator tell me what gear I’m in. With the bike on and kill switch in run the ecu buzzes and then starts smoking after a few seconds. Ignition won’t work/ no start/crank. At a loss please any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your ECU is smoking, then it's toast.
I assumed I just didn’t want to buy a new one and have the new one burn out too. I think it was just the bad wiring on the r/r that’s fixed now. Also I was looking on eBay for a new/used ecu and the only ones I could find were different part # calib # and tune code. Does any of that matter. It says it came off of a 06-08 Daytona and I have an 08 and the picture of it looks identical besides the non corresponding numbers/codes

·
Registered
14 Posts
I assumed I just didn’t want to buy a new one and have the new one burn out too. I think it was just the bad wiring on the r/r that’s fixed now. Also I was looking on eBay for a new/used ecu and the only ones I could find were different part # calib # and tune code. Does any of that matter. It says it came off of a 06-08 Daytona and I have an 08 and the picture of it looks identical besides the non corresponding numbers/codes
I'm quite late to the party here, but have to ask: If you're still in search of a new ECU, I have one. I bought it back in September of 2021. At the time, it was the only one in a warehouse in Austin, TX. They go for around $1,100 list; I got it for $800 for my '18 Street Triple RS. I soon found out that it wasn't needed. I'll sell it for $400 firm, only because I'd like to recoup at least half of what I paid. It's been sitting in its shipping box since 9/2021.

You can message me if you like, or reply here...

Brown Camera accessory Rectangle Material property Font

1 - 5 of 5 Posts