Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone try an ebay integrated tail? Trying to save some coin to get both the tail and flush fronts (watsens or protons) and stumbled across this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TRIU...9457420QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I am thinking for $30 (less then 1/2 the cost of comp werkes) that it is worth a shot but curious if anyone else had tried one of these cheap integrated tails.

With the cost of LEDs dropping like flies these days I am inclined to think most vendors just mark up their costs quite a bit and this is simply a clone and thus no R&D to recoup.

Thoughts???

·
Registered
36 Posts
Anyone try an ebay integrated tail? Trying to save some coin to get both the tail and flush fronts (watsens or protons) and stumbled across this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TRIUMPH-DAYTONA-675-SMOKED-LIGHT-LED-TAIL-LIGHT-SIGNALS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4aa8cb058cQQitemZ320659457420QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I am thinking for $30 (less then 1/2 the cost of comp werkes) that it is worth a shot but curious if anyone else had tried one of these cheap integrated tails.

With the cost of LEDs dropping like flies these days I am inclined to think most vendors just mark up their costs quite a bit and this is simply a clone and thus no R&D to recoup.

Thoughts???
The old adage "ya get what ya pay for" certainly applies here. I got one for $35 from Kapscomoto, an eBay seller, but when I got everything off the bike and hooked it up, two rows of LED's were out. Sent it back on my own dime and still waiting on the return 8 days later. Go with a name brand is my suggestion, but other cheap sellers might be more reliable...

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The old adage "ya get what ya pay for" certainly applies here. I got one for $35 from Kapscomoto, an eBay seller, but when I got everything off the bike and hooked it up, two rows of LED's were out. Sent it back on my own dime and still waiting on the return 8 days later. Go with a name brand is my suggestion, but other cheap sellers might be more reliable...
I used to think that but I have Duc knock off mirrors with the LED built in that have been going for 4 years on a now friends bike. I also remember when I first went with DDM tuning back in the day that they undersold everyone with their prices of HIDs and they worked great.

I might just run the risk with this one and if need be learn a lesson for $30 I guess.

No matter if I get this or the comp werkes though I have to figure out what to do with the rear turns as well. In PA integrated tail only wont pass inspection. I dont have a heat shield anymore to tap into for leds there and dont want to tap into my rear plastics. Might just leave the plugs for the rears on and swap them on when I go for inspection. I dont know...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts