Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today it was my first dynotest!I have arrow 3-1 system,K&N air filter and the Triumph/Arrow map.......I got 97hp on the wheel.compared to a stock ST +7hp!......Also compared to a Daytona 675 which got 106hp the graphic shows what happens at real life.Until 7k-8k rpm the bikes are very very close.Then Daytona's power is begining to seems clearly!!.....Next time i will use a custom map to see if i can get some more power.

Soon i will post the pic.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nice, thanks for posting!

Funny how the Daytona seems to have more torque from bottom to top than the "tuned for torque" Street. :laugh:

The R really should have the Daytona engine. Looks like the Arrow helped you out a bit though. :1thumbsup2:

·
Registered
928 Posts

Funny how the Daytona seems to have more torque from bottom to top than the "tuned for torque" Street. :laugh:

The R really should have the Daytona engine. Looks like the Arrow helped you out a bit though. :1thumbsup2:
From all the dyno results I've ever seen it seems like the 'tona holds it's own in torque against the Streetie, but the few times I've ridden the Street it feels fast as hell down low.

I wonder if it's just lower gearing, which isn't going to show up on a dyno.

sassafras

·
Registered
601 Posts
From all the dyno results I've ever seen it seems like the 'tona holds it's own in torque against the Streetie, but the few times I've ridden the Street it feels fast as hell down low.

sassafras
Actually, the gearing is the same.

IMHO, the biggest difference between the Daytona motor and the Street Triple motor is that the Striple doesn't need to be fed fancy, and more expensive, 95 octane fuel.

Even on our Ozzie E10, 91 octane, 10% Ethanol, mine still works really nicely thank you very much! :thumbup:

regards,CrazyCam

·
Registered
224 Posts
Must be a 09

Today it was my first dynotest!I have arrow 3-1 system,K&N air filter and the Triumph/Arrow map.......I got 97hp on the wheel.compared to a stock ST +7hp!......Also compared to a Daytona 675 which got 106hp the graphic shows what happens at real life.Until 7k-8k rpm the bikes are very very close.Then Daytona's power is begining to seems clearly!!.....Next time i will use a custom map to see if i can get some more power.

Soon i will post the pic.
Is your striple a 09
The 2010 striples with arrow should put more than 100 at the wheel
Mine with arrow k&n got 103 before tuning
I also dropped a tooth of the front its the way to go

·
Registered
352 Posts

sassafras
The tona is mine.
It has arrow slip-on, KN filter and TOR tune.
The gearing is -1 tooth front. But it was registered during the dyno, so the result is correct.
I think though that the HP is low... Is it? Shouldn't I have more than 110HP at the rear wheel? Is 106rwHP ok for my mods?

The street triple has a full low arrow system.

·
Registered
224 Posts
tune ecu

The tona is mine.
It has arrow slip-on, KN filter and TOR tune.
The gearing is -1 tooth front. But it was registered during the dyno, so the result is correct.
I think though that the HP is low... Is it? Shouldn't I have more than 110HP at the rear wheel? Is 106rwHP ok for my mods?

The street triple has a full low arrow system.
TRY Tune ECU and try some maps Their some good ones out their

·
Registered
224 Posts
i Took a look at the 20395 map and compared it to 20198 mod V3 it will work well
chuck it on the dyno
Get a air fuel ratio and tweak this map to suit wont take long on dyno time
Each motor might to be slightly different mapping wise but similar
But they fly when you get them spot on, smooth on and off the throttle clean revving
not much desell popping and sound good
keep us posted
Happy tuning cheers

·
Registered
352 Posts
Try this link
http://www.tomhamburg.net/Custom_Tune_list.html
Dont know much about daytona 08 tunes but Jardine or midas are suposed to very good with slipons midas or jardine full system if it doesnt suit you vin just copy and paste the fuel and ignition tables to you vin map and give that a run
Cheers
thanks. i might try one of these, but I will soon remove cat and exup, and use the arrow full system tune. I am just waiting for the spare headers to arrive. Do you think that it will make any difference?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts

:
That's what I keep wondering, but I have never seen a comparison with a daytona and street on the same dyno...

·
Registered
224 Posts
thanks. i might try one of these, but I will soon remove cat and exup, and use the arrow full system tune. I am just waiting for the spare headers to arrive. Do you think that it will make any difference?
The arrow full systems have larger headers and a tune to go with them probably wont work well with standard headers
But only one way to find out DYNO TIME

1 - 17 of 17 Posts