Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Really high? I searched for the 675 and it recommended 34 in the front and 38 in the back, I THINK the owner's manual lists 34 in front and 36 in back, so it's not really off by a lot.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found what I was looks for with the good old search button. But "really high" is a relative term considering some manufacturers recommend tire pressures in the high 20's for track use.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
It's really tire dependent - Dunlop DOT's are low pressure but that does not mean that it translates from one model to the next.
There are a bunch of Q2 users so I'm sure there's a lot of insight on that particular tire.

·
Registered
202 Posts
For street, on a Street Triple R, 31-34 F, 33-36R, for track use on a GSXR750, start at 27-28 cold and check them hot coming off the track, you want about a 10 percent rise in pressure. As far as tirelife is concerned, I expect to get about 2500 miles out of them sport riding in the mountains. For the money these are a good tire for agressive street or track ridiing. I just put a set on my Daytona but the weather turned to crap(snow on the ground since early Dec.) and will have to wait to try them.

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
Here's what has worked for me:

On the street: The same that is recommended by the owner's manual. Can go 1 or 2 pounds less if you want more grip

On the track: 32-34 front; 30-32 rear...cold pressures. When it was hot at Buttonwillow in August, I did 34 front 33 rear....because at 32 rear at around the 15 mark EVERY session my rear got greasy...so I knew it was just the tire getting too hot. Prior to that it was stickying like glue. That day I PR'd at 2:03.6 and averaging 2:06s easily. The next day on Sunday I did the 33 rear and it felt perfect. No sliding for a whole 20 minute session running at an A Group pace.

EDIT: Those pressures on their website are for the street.

When I got them I first emailed Dunlop and they gave me what I just mentioned. Then I went to a trackday where Dunlop was the distributor/vendor for the day and he said "33 cold for both front and rear and don't need to worry about hot pressure." Then I rode that day at Chuckwalla where I also did my detailed review about them on here. After that was my 2 days at Buttonwillow where I felt them get greasy in the August heat.

Another thing to keep in mind. Before you even start playing pressures, make sure your suspension is set up properly!!! Make sure you at least have your preload properly set. Then play with the pressures. If your suspension's preload is not properly set than any tire no matter how great will not perform at its optimum because you need the proper sag.

But hey...try different pressures and see what works for you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts