Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if seeing this everyday annoys the hell out of anyone else?

I could see the feet sticking out like training wheels from a half mile back. I was behind this guy for about 10 miles and he kept trying to get other "fast looking" cars to race him, all I could do was cringe...:laugh:

sorry for the shitty cell phone pick through a dirty car windshield.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
At least he has a helmet and what looks to be a jacket. I ride a few guys from my squadron and when we hit the mountains they always ask me why I ride on the balls of my feet! Not all of them converted but I explained to them why I do it.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
I always thought that was the way you were supposed to ride... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
If I'm just cruising/commuting on the slab I don't always have the best riding position going.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it provides some kind of comfort, to each his own I suppose... The problem is that most of these guys NEVER get out of that position. They'll figure it out one day when their toe grabs the road and that ankle snaps like a twig. Just saying:whistle:

·
Registered
197 Posts
I was wondering if seeing this everyday annoys the hell out of anyone else?

I could see the feet sticking out like training wheels from a half mile back. I was behind this guy for about 10 miles and he kept trying to get other "fast looking" cars to race him, all I could do was cringe...:laugh:

sorry for the shitty cell phone pick through a dirty car windshield.
yah I tried that, felt very disconnected from the bike.. very weird feeling to me....

·
Registered
946 Posts
So you're saying that when cruising down the road, it's not ok to have you're feet resting with the arch of your foot on the footpeg? is this correct? Ridiculous. I can tell you now that's pretty much how i ride when cruising/riding in a straight line, no need to have the balls of your foot up and back on the pegs unless you're cornering....

·
Registered
490 Posts
My feet hang out like that on long commute rides when they get tired, because i do normally ride on the balls of my feet, even though it was usually a long straight commute.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
That's Florida style riding!!!

FWIW I think people must think I'm a freak since I'm up on the balls even when riding my ST1300 unless I make a conscious effort to drop my feet down-Guess too many years of sportbikes has fooked me for life.

·
Crashing one corner at a time!
1,407 Posts
I didn't know that for agressive riding it helps to be on the balls of your feet for the longest time when I started riding until I read about it on the other forum I'm on.
Once I discovered riding on the balls of the feet though, I felt much more connected with the bike and in control. I rarely ride on the archs anymore unless I'm cruising and just being lazy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts