Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know of a easy way to have dual headlights? Not a fan of the single look.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Always leave your brights on. Problem solved.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Would be cool to have a system similar to the Street Triple.

:cool2:

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
check this out http://www.ecliptech.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=84&Itemid=166

Eclipse (Tony) is a forum member and he has sold a lot of these. i have one on mine. i run a low beam hid 35w and a 4000k hi output on the high beam ( 4000k to match the blue colour) the twin light is adjustable and keeps the high beam on just at a low brightness according to how you program it.
so it runs both lights all of the time and switches up to high when switched.
eclipse is the electrical guru and i even run a delay timer separate so the hid fires up after the bike starts,gives better globe life
i hope this helps

p.s i never read the info on eclipse site, the newer twin driver is the 3rd generation and has a time delay incorporated as my gen 2 did not and it was a separate add on.

·
Registered
352 Posts
check this out http://www.ecliptech.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=84&Itemid=166

Eclipse (Tony) is a forum member and he has sold a lot of these. i have one on mine. i run a low beam hid 35w and a 4000k hi output on the high beam ( 4000k to match the blue colour) the twin light is adjustable and keeps the high beam on just at a low brightness according to how you program it.
eclipse is the electrical guru and i even run a delay timer separate so the hid fires up after the bike starts,gives better globe life
i hope this helps

p.s i never read the info on eclipse site, the newer twin driver is the 3rd generation and has a time delay incorporated as my gen 2 did not and it was a separate add on.
how much does this cost?

·
Registered
4,167 Posts

i hope this helps

I'm currently running dual HIDs since I like the color to match but never considered just getting a different hi bulb... What k is the HID lo that you're running and where did you get your hi bulb?

how much does this cost?
Here's the page to buy it: http://www.ecliptech-us.com/index.p...ategory_id=7&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=116

·
Registered
352 Posts
Please correct me if i am wrong.
With twinlight3 you have twinlights but with the same (OEM) color light. Not white HID lights. Right?
If yes what would be the way to make them white? Maybe by using some Osram NightRacer or Nightbraker bulbs?
It says that at high beam you can not use a HID.

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Noob Hazer
12,385 Posts
Never used the system, but I would imagine the light would still be the same, I think all it is doing is turning on the second bulb and then when the sensor sees light keeps it dim compared to when it is dark and allows it to go to its full bright.

I may be wrong though, that is just how I am understanding it from the website.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
I believe how it works is that when your lo beams are on, the hi beam receives partial power so it's not at full brightness. When you flip the hi beam on, it receives full power and your bike is like it normally is with the hi beam on.

With the system you can have a HID for the lo beam but NOT the hi beam, since HIDs can't receive partial power like that and still be lit. So my optimal setup would be this if I could figure out what bulb color would match my HID lo beam.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Im considering purchasing a SMD LED H9 bulb to put in the high beam and just run both lights with the flick of the switch.

As the LED wont be anywhere near as bright as the HID.
And who really needs HID High beams... its bright enough with the low beam HID.

·
MacGyver / BOTM / BOTY Winner
1,253 Posts
I believe how it works is that when your lo beams are on, the hi beam receives partial power so it's not at full brightness. When you flip the hi beam on, it receives full power and your bike is like it normally is with the hi beam on.
Correct...and the partial brightness of the high beam is adjustable via a small screwdriver on a rheostat that's included in Tony's kit. I installed one from Tony way back in '06 and am very pleased. I also installed a simple ON/OFF toggle switch (wired to the ground side) for the headlights.

·
Registered
251 Posts
My own view - running with high beam on if there's oncoming traffic, or vehicles in front (they have mirrors) should be a capital offense. If I'm in the car and I get dazzled in the mirrors I usually brake hard.

Leds are probably the worst option in terms of light output, and if they do get bright enough to give decent light they'll dazzle even worse than HIDs unless they're fitted in a led specific reflector. Using a led to avoid annoying other road users is OK, but sometimes you really need that main beam.

I despise people who fit aftermarket HIDs - especially if the emitter is fitted into the stock reflector. Even an approved (CE or DOT) unit dazzles other drivers without the mandatory self leveling gear, which I've never seen fitted to any bike apart from the BMW adaptive light.

For better lights, the best and least offensive results come from using superbright bulbs of stocl wattage. To get both lights on on the D without being an offensive menace, frigging the reflector to fit an extra bulb is probably the best option. Reducing the Hi beam power for daylight is an option, but can still dazzle as the focus is unchanged.

Rob

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Running with high beam on when it can dazzle people is plain stupid, no excuses there, and setting the high beam on so low it won't dazzle is equally dangerous when your visibility is poor.

That said, never had any complaints since I'm running my HIDs, but when there are people around, I don't lean or accelerate like mad, so the lowbeam is where it should be, and the high only comes in action when there is positively no one around, as it will dazzle.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Please correct me if i'm wrong but running your high beam at a diminished power setting will also significantly deplete the running hours of the bulb. light bulbs are designed to be run at a pretty specific wattage. The gas mixture and filament density is optimized for an applied power. If you have a bulb on a dimmer at home, just think about how often you have to replace those compared to just your normal on/off switch.

I might be wrong and if i am i apologize!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anybody know of a easy way to have dual headlights? Not a fan of the single look.
SR71,

I also do not like the look simple.

What I'm doing, is to adapt the concept of the xenon lamp H4-2 ().
I caught the halogen lamp of H4-2, the cut end of L, and held in two Xenon H7 with Solid Epoxy (in Brazil, called durepoxi).

I did this, not to get high without the headlamps, because here in Brazil, it is absurd that the police are doing in order to fine. Anything, is why.

A lamp I have, and it was pretty cool. Tomorrow I will be doing the second (because I will be with two headlights high and two low).

When finished, I put the photos you see.

PS. I had to chop a little slot in the projector headlight, because the bulb was a bit thicker. But still, it was very good.

Anything, send me a PM.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts