Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been trying to sell some stuff that's just sitting around the house. I posted my couches on Craigslist locally and want to you know what you guys think. Here is the email traffic (sorry it's backwards):

Hello, I got your email with the details to where the payment for the Couch would be sent to. Consider it sold by removing the ad from the classified site.
You'll be receiving the Money Order within the next 36 hours after i get a feedback from you. I will be sending your payment along with the Truck Driver/ Mover's payment, So all you have to do is to cash the Money orders at your Bank, deduct the funds for the Couch, and also an extra $50 for your transportation expense, then send the remaining funds to the Mover/ Driver who will be coming for the pickup at your location. I hope i can trust that you will send the shippers funds in due time so He can come for the pickup as soon as he receives the payment from you.

You are required to acknowledge that you have received this email so i can forward payment immediately. I would also like you to provide a number where you can be reached. Thanks

Mr Eddy
1386-256-6867
(if no response, drop a voice mail and I'll call back)

Mr. Eddy,

Yes the couch and love seat are still available. We are pretty firm with $250 for the both of them. Please let me know if still interested. As for the information for the check is:

Thomas Garcia
1455 S 221st Dr
Buckeye, AZ 85326

Thank you again for looking and getting back with me.

Thomas

To: [email protected]
Sent: Mon, February 7, 2011 2:48:47 AM
Subject: :::Ready to make payment for your Couch:::

Hello,
Apologies for the delay in getting back at you, work has been hectic and I just relocated. I got your initial email which i sent from my work place stating that your Couch was still available for sale. I would like to know the lowest price you would go for the Couch.

I would have been happy to travel down for the pickup and payment of the Couch myself, but I just relocated due to an urgent project. However, my daughter works with United State Postal Services (USPS) and we will be glad to pay with a USPS Money Order. She has also arranged with a Mover/Driver who will come for the pickup of the Couch at your address or any public place of your choice. I'll appreciate it if you consider it sold to us via this means.

We will only come for pick up after you have received the Money Orders and they have been duly processed at your Bank, only there and then will we arrange for the pick up of the Couch. I would like to know how your name should appear on the USPS Money Order and what valid residential/office address or public place should we mail it to via UPS courier service. We are ready to make payment as soon as we get your mailing details. Pls signify clearly if the Couch is no more available so we don't waste time with endless discussions.Thanks for selling it to us via this medium.

Mr Eddy

·
Registered
577 Posts
Classic SCAM for sure. Stay far far away!

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah my gut told me to keep away but man I need the money. Thanks guys for showing me my stupidity! You guys are great!!!

·
Registered
601 Posts
yo man i'll buy the couch or whatever off you, just pm me with an image of a blank check and ill direct deposit right away! i'll send my daughter to pick it up, she works for ups. i would send you cash, but i think thats illegal

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Listen. I'm a Nigerian prince and I have a large amount of money that needs to be kept secret. If you give me your social security number and bank account details and password then I'll let you keep 10%

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yeah thats a scam! That happened to my buddy when he was selling his R1. They sent him a check and the whole nine yards. Needless to say he never cashed the check!

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Listen. I'm a Nigerian prince and I have a large amount of money that needs to be kept secret. If you give me your social security number and bank account details and password then I'll let you keep 10%
hahahahahha:rofl: prince abu-pu??? did you get to meet him aswell?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
there is a special spot for ppl like this in my view of the world its called 6 ft under, hope the guy(s) behind this root in hell and all their family members have horrible tooth achs for the rest of their lives!

·
Registered
2008 Triumph Daytona 675
929 Posts
Classic scam... and if I am reading the e-mails correctly, here is how it works.

1) He is sending you a money order for more than the price of the couch.
2) You are to cash the money order and give $50 plus the excess to the driver.

In theory this is great except for the fact that the money order if probably bogus. After the couch and driver are gone you find out from your bank that the money order is no good. You are now out your couch and the excess money you gave to the driver.

The key to this being a scam is the following:
- It's his mover, why would he pay you in order to have them paid? Aren't they bringing the couch to him?
- Why would the money order be for more than the value of the couch? Sorry, when I buy something for $250 I pay $250.

Stay away from this scam and good luck selling the couch.

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
So what is "Jeff" short for? :rofl:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.