Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any of you guys with street triples that have had the flyscreen with molded visor put on let me know their opinion on whether the wind noise increased or not. also anyone with the ermax all in one flyscreen visor rate it or not.
cheers.
dan

·
Registered
8,111 Posts
Your going to get answers that are all over the map on this one. Too many variables, i.e., rider height, helmet design/size, one person's idea of loud or quiet might be a lot different than the next person, ect.
Unfortunately, it seems you have to purchase a way overpriced item and proceed to drill holes in another way overpriced item to find out if it works for you or not. If you don't like the results then you are left with holes in your flyscreen. :nothappy:

·
Registered
59 Posts
well, i never rode my street triple without it. but wind noise was louder than it had been on my r6. it would get much quieter when i leaned in to hug the tank. but it felt odd to do so on that bike, the seating position just wasnt designed with that riding position in mind.

theoretically speaking, wouldn't it lessen wind noise, just with any other bike, so long as you stayed within the "bubble" created by the screen.

but who cares about wind noise, bottom line is that is makes the bike look amazing. throw in the belly pan, fly screen, and solo seat cowl, and that bike looks like a demon.

·
Banned
941 Posts
but who cares about wind noise, bottom line is that is makes the bike look amazing. throw in the belly pan, fly screen, and solo seat cowl, and that bike looks like a demon.
i gotta disagree with you here. i bought a "NAKED" bike for a reason and it wasn't to spend money on throwing more plastic pieces on it. I did opt for getting the rear seat cowl to stop people from asking me if I could take them for a ride.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I opted for a naked bike becauset he D was far too bloody uncomfortable to use as an everyday commuter. I've ordered the Powerbronze light screen as it seems to keep the wind (and rain) off better than the Triumph visor. Never gave a though to wind noise though. I never have. I'll tell you what it's like in about a month.

Rob

·
Registered
59 Posts
i gotta disagree with you here. i bought a "NAKED" bike for a reason and it wasn't to spend money on throwing more plastic pieces on it. I did opt for getting the rear seat cowl to stop people from asking me if I could take them for a ride.
i hear you about the seat cowl, many thought that my bike was a single seater, and i was fine with that. especially when the rear pegs were off.

but i must disagree, i thought the green accents made the bike look damn sexy, but to each his own i guess. everyone has different tastes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I prob will get the oem flyscreen + visor cos they look awesome, as well as the seat cowl. I bought an ermax belly pan for my old fz6 and it didn't last too long.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts